The PgCert programme has been developed by practitioners for practitioners, and is available via face-to-face, distance learning and blended learning. It is intended for anyone working in process safety, technical safety, safety engineering or nuclear safety within major hazard industries, such as oil and gas, petrochemical, chemical, nuclear, transportation and mining.
The PgCert is part of our MSc in Risk and Safety Management (IChemE Process Safety Pathway), which is approved by IChemE as meeting the knowledge and understanding requirements for IChemE's Professional Process Safety Engineer qualification.
Risktec delivers 4 types of postgraduate academic awards via distance learning, in partnership with Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU):
• Masters Degree (MSc) in Risk & Safety Management
• Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) in Risk & Safety Management
• Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert) in Risk & Safety Management
• Certificate of Professional Development (CPD) for single subject modules
Postgraduate Certificate programme in Risk and Safety Management
starts on 1st February 2018 and consists of the following 6 modules:
• Principles of Risk Management
• Research Methods in Risk & Safety Management
• Hazard Identification
• Risk Analysis
• Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Management Systems
• Risk Reduction & ALARP
Each module takes 8 weeks to complete and is delivered on-line by highly experienced, practising risk and safety management consultants working in the safety-critical, major hazard industries.
On successful completion of the PgCert programme, students may upgrade to the PgDip or MSc programmes.
Certain individual modules may also be studied, leading to CPD awards.
Why select a Distance Learning Programme with Risktec?
- Risktec is respected as a leading risk and safety management consulting and education company, with some of the world’s most impressive companies as clients.
- Gaining a formal postgraduate qualification from a recognised institution helps improve your career prospects and could also increase your remuneration.
- A postgraduate qualification helps an inexperienced graduate to prove to a prospective employer their commitment to the field of risk and safety.
- A postgraduate qualification can be a ‘fast-track’ into the growing risk and safety market for people working in related fields.
- An experienced person already working as a risk and safety practitioner will gain a broader and deeper knowledge of the subject, while also achieving formal recognition of their hard earned experience.
- Participants can study at a time that best suits them, working at their own pace and from home.
- Participants gain access to Risktec’s experienced consultant-teachers, as well as the opportunity to network and interact with other students during group tasks.
- Distance learning avoids the costs of travel and accommodation associated with classroom learning.
Distance learning is delivered via our online learning environment, ‘Risktec Online’. The module material comprises slides and explanatory notes, plus references to further reading and useful websites. Students engage in online activities including tests, discussions and group tasks. This approach encourages participation and interaction amongst students.
Support from the module teacher is available throughout the programme. Our distance learning programmes are 100% online, therefore students can study and submit assessments from anywhere in the world.
For more details please contact [email protected]
or visit http://www.risktec.co.uk/training-and-education/scheduled-courses.aspx
Applicants must: have an undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in science, engineering, business management, or related studies from a recognised institution; or be an industry professional with 5+ years industry experience, with some exposure to risk management tools and techniques; or offer a suitable combination of qualifications and experience which, in the opinion of the Programme Leader, will enable successful completion of the programme. Applicants must be proficient in the use of English. Access to the internet is essential, with the capability to download up to 50Mb of files over 3 days.