Develop as a highly qualified, effective and confident teacher of leisure and tourism, studying with a specialist to gain the knowledge and skills to use a variety of different approaches to teaching your specialist subject; and achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
Intermediate qualifications available:
• Professional Graduate Certificate in Education
Choose Secondary Leisure and Tourism PGCE at Bedfordshire and:
• Study on a course designed to enable you to join a challenging and rewarding profession – becoming an effective and inspiring teacher who draws on broad subject specific knowledge and secure understanding of teaching and learning theories - with the knowledge and skills to lead learning and initiate change in educational settings
• Explore your understanding of teaching and learning secondary leisure and tourism, as you apply your subject knowledge and expertise to planning teaching and managing the leisure and tourism classroom; honing your skills of critical self-evaluation and improvement
• Develop your creativity and team-working skills, preparing you to influence and lead in educational settings and enhancing your own sense of independence
• Gain confidence in analysing the evidence of your own practical experience during placements in schools, informing your future actions as you evaluate the impact of applying theory to your teaching practice
• Benefit from a qualification that gives you recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), enabling you to gain employment in a school, with opportunities for continuous development through further study at MA/MSc, MPhil, PhD and EdD levels.
Visit the website: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/courses/postgraduate/next-year/secondary-leisure-and-tourism#about
Why choose this course?
Develop as a highly qualified teacher with the knowledge and skills to lead learning and initiate change in educational settings.
Your course consists of four units. These are:
• The Professional Teacher
• The Subject Specialist (your subject)
• The Reflective Teacher
• The Research Informed Teacher
Formative use of assessment is embedded throughout the course and is a principle which we would expect you to adopt in your own teaching. You will be supported to become familiar with self- and peer-assessment approaches and to make effective use of feedback on both academic and practice-based aspects of the course, to identify targets for your ongoing development and plan actions to address them.
There are two units which each offer 30 credits at either level 6 or level 7.
If you pass both the assignments for these units at level 7 you will be awarded a Postgraduate Certificate in Education with recommendation for QTS
If you pass both the assignments for these units at level 6 or either one of these assignments at level 6 and one at level 7, you will be awarded a Professional Graduate Certificate in Education with recommendation for QTS
For information on available funding, please follow the link: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/money/scholarships/pg
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please follow the link: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/course/applicationform