The major aim of this course is to help you acquire competence in the basic skills of teaching and classroom management within the primary school.
In order to ensure close link between theory and practice, the course includes both university and school-based work throughout the year. In total, you will spend nineteen weeks in school and nineteen in University.
- Teaching and learning assessment -
The central purpose of the course is to help develop teaching competence and this is reflected in the teaching and learning methods employed. In the university-based work these often take the form of workshop activities, although a variety of lectures, tutorials peer tutoring and computer assisted learning will also be used. Assessment is through satisfactory performance in course work and school experience.
1. Over 92% of our graduates are in work or further study six months after graduation.
2. We are a top UK university for providing courses with a period of work placement.
3. Our teaching and the learning experience we deliver are rated at the highest level by the Quality Assurance Agency.
4. We recruit international students from more than 100 different countries.
5. More than 4,000 students from over 50 countries have successfully completed eLearning courses at Ulster University.
To help spread the cost of your studies, tuition fees can be paid back in monthly instalments while you learn. If you study for a one-year, full-time master’s, you can pay your fees up-front, in one lump sum, or in either five* or ten* equal monthly payments. If you study for a master’s on a part-time basis (e.g. over three years), you can pay each year’s fees up-front or in five or ten equal monthly payments each year. This flexibility allows you to spread the payment of your fees over each academic year. Find out more by visiting https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-finance/postgraduate
A comprehensive range of financial scholarships, awards and prizes are available to undergraduate, postgraduate and research students. Scholarships recognise the many ways in which our students are outstanding in their subject. Individuals may be able to apply directly or may automatically be nominated for awards. Visit the website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-finance/scholarships