This programme is specially designed for those working with primary aged pupils and has the following aims:
- to explore aspects of current English language teaching methodology in relation to the teaching of English as a Foreign or Second language in primary schools
- to upgrade teachers' own English language proficiency
- to give teachers insights into British culture
- to offer a programme of educational study visits to locations of social and historic interest.
Visit the website: http://www.chi.ac.uk/teaching-english-young-learners
Current Approaches in Primary School ELT Methodology:
- Activity-oriented Lesson Planning
- Task-based Approaches
- Developing Grammar Exercises for the Young Learner
- Developing Activities from Course Books e.g. Drama Activities
- Developing Writing Activities from Reading and Oral Work
- Building Dialogues and Using Role play
- Using Songs and Games in Language Teaching
- Computer Software for the Primary Classroom
- Exploring the Internet for Language Teaching Purposes
Sessions will focus on the following according to needs and preferences:
Personal Language Development in each of the Four Skill Areas (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing)
Oral Work aimed at Increasing Confidence and Fluency
Supported Investigative Language Project
The Classroom as a Language Environment
Investigations into Aspects of British culture
The programme will include:
- Small group tutorials
- Field trip programme
- Full social and cultural programme
- Information and Communication Technology in Primary Education
How to apply: https://dotmailer-surveys.com/f31ueg1e-c011re4a
Funding for postgraduate students:
For information on funding and scholarships, please visit: http://www.chi.ac.uk/study-us/fees-finance/funding-and-money-advice-0/funding-postgraduate-students
You will study at our Bognor Regis campus.
Over the past few years, we’ve redeveloped both of our campuses so that you have the best facilities available for your course. We pride ourselves on the quality of the learning environment we can offer our students.
At Bognor Regis campus there is an integrated approach to the provision of learning resources and support. We offer a substantial collection of books, journals and other materials to help you further your research. A range of study areas for group and quiet study including Wi-Fi areas for laptop use are available, or you can use our open access PC and Mac areas. We use an electronic learning environment with an expanding portfolio of online library resources from anywhere at any time.
Our brand new award winning Learning Resource Centre is at the heart of the campus. It hosts a modern library service with areas for quiet and silent study on both floors. Also situated in the LRC is the Support and Information Zone, Costa Coffee and over 80 open access work stations. An equipment loans centre offers laptops, tablets and other electronic devices for short and long term loans.
The campus also offers purpose built classrooms for the teacher training courses, as well as lecture and seminar rooms.
Candidates should be experienced teachers and sufficiently proficient in English to enable them to participate actively in the programme.