In today's globalised marketplace it's more important than ever that managers have the knowledge and expertise to manage the production and delivery of products and services.
Our MSc in Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management provides advanced knowledge and skills to give you the confidence to embark on a career in this exciting field.
The Bath MSc in Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management is an intensive 12-month programme designed for those with little or no management education or experience, but with a keen desire to work in the managerial or consulting areas of operations, logistics or supply chain.
We believe in creating opportunities for students to put theory into practice. You will receive engaging research-led teaching alongside numerous engagements with industry. A unique aspect of the programme is our two semester practicum. The practicum is a live consulting project that places you in the position of a consultant working with a client to solve a live management challenge.
See the website http://www.bath.ac.uk/management/msc-operations-logistics-supply-chain/
Why the MSc in Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management?
The Bath MSc in Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management offers a number of unique features and key benefits:
- World-class faculty. You will study with leading faculty across all elements of the degree.
- Combining theory and practice. Our degree is designed to provide you with cutting edge theory and numerous opportunities for practical application.
- Two-semester practicum. A defining feature of the degree is that you will be immersed in a two-semester applied consulting project; you will work with a client to solve a real business challenge.
- Global context and experience. You are offered the opportunity to work on projects and case studies with multinational organisations. We also offer you the opportunity to take part in global residencies in the USA, China, Russia and France.
- Develop a broad base of business skills. Our degree offers extensive opportunities to learn and practice skills including project management, negotiation, team work and cross cultural awareness.
- Small class size. We are deliberately selective and keep our core class sizes small.
Structure and Content
Our curriculum is designed to prepare you for careers in operations, logistics, supply chain and consulting. The MSc in Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management is an intensive full-time programme lasting 12 months. It is divided into two semesters and the summer period.
During semester 1, all students study the same five core courses. Semester 2 is made up of 3 further core courses and then you may choose 2 further options.
Semester 1 core modules:
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Logistics Management
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Financial Management
- Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management Practicum (ongoing in semester 2)
Semester 2 core modules:
- Operations Strategy
- Global Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management Practicum (ongoing from semester 1)
Semester 2 options:
- Project Management
- Business Analytics
- Managing Strategic Partnerships
- Sustainable Operations Management
During the final three months of the degree you will produce a dissertation. The dissertation gives you the opportunity to do a piece of substantial work on your own, demonstrating originality, innovation, drive, and determination. The dissertation also enables you to plan and execute your own project, giving you complete choice and flexibility.
- Teaching & Learning Methods
You will be exposed to a variety of teaching and learning methods that could include: interactive lectures, case studies, seminar presentations and group project work.
A variety of individual and group assessment methods are used throughout the degree including assignments, exams, presentations, reports and exercises.
Career Development and Support
We recognise that enhancing your employability is a primary goal for undertaking a Master's degree at Bath. We have a successful track record and extensive experience of working with a wide range of global organisations to develop the right skills and competencies that our students will need to achieve their career goals.
Destinations of our MSc in Management graduates (2014):
99% of our MSc in Management graduates from 2014 were employed within 6 months of graduation. Our outstanding record for employability is reflected in the companies and organisations where these graduates now work:
Career Development Programme
Our expert careers team is dedicated to providing first class careers support exclusively for School of Management MSc students.
We offer a Comprehensive Career Development Programme and provide an individual service by working with you on a one-to-one basis to identify your career goals and help you to plan your job search.
Our Career Development programme is integrated into your MSc timetable and includes;
- An overview of career opportunities in different sectors
- Workshops on the recruitment process including: CVs, cover letters, application forms and interview advice
- Mock interviews and assessment centres
- Opportunities to network with graduate recruiters, sector specialists and alumni
- Guest speakers, company visits and presentations, employer-led skills sessions
- Development of employability skills by participating in company sponsored community projects
- Week-long business immersion week - The Future Business Challenge
- Additional support for international students and those seeking global job opportunities
A highly ranked business school
We have established ourselves as one of Europe’s leading business schools and 2016 marks the 50th Anniversary of the University of Bath
, celebrating our past achievements and looking forward.
The School of Management is one of the UK's leading business schools. Currently ranked 1st for Student Experience (Times Higher Education 2015) (http://www.bath.ac.uk/management/about/rankings.html#NSS
) and 1st for Business & Management (The Complete University Guide 2016) (http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Business+%26+Management+Studies
), we are a leading centre for management research - placed 8th in the UK in the latest REF2014 (http://www.bath.ac.uk/management/about/rankings.html#ref
) for business and management studies, confirming the world-class standing of our faculty.
Find out about the department here - http://www.bath.ac.uk/management/faculty/
Find out how to apply here - http://www.bath.ac.uk/management/msc-operations-logistics-supply-chain/how-to-apply
A new system of postgraduate loans for Masters courses is being developed for students at English universities. There will be loans of up to £10,000 available for Masters students starting a course in 2016/17. More information is available on the study site (http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/taught/government-loans/index.html
) and the government website external website.
Candidates for this postgraduate management programme should have a good undergraduate degree (2:1 or above or its international equivalent). In exceptional cases, relevent work experience may substitute the degree requirement, however you should have no more than three years' work experience.