Delivered completely online, but with the option of attending modules on-campus if you so wish, this newly drafted and improved programme will satisfy the needs of those who seek to gain a masters qualification whilst continuing to teach.
[email protected] will enhance your teaching skills and open up new opportunities for you to advance your career in a wide range of language teaching positions in the UK and overseas.
1. You will gain a Master’s level qualification in teaching from an Education centre for excellence that is ranked 9th in the UK, The Times Good University Guide, 2016.
2. We specialise in training experienced teachers.
3. The course offers an excellent balance between theory and practise using a range of innovative teaching methods that facilitate engagement with new and complex ideas.
4. This online qualification is designed for those who wish to gain a Master’s in TESOL that will fit around their professional and personal lifestyle
5. You will be taught by professionals who have combined experience of living and teaching in all continents of the world
[email protected] provides an advanced training and professional qualification for people presently engaged in any area of the teaching of English as a foreign or second language. On completion, you should possess the knowledge and practical classroom skills to be a confident, critically reflective and enterprising teacher.
Delivery of modules is carried out online. Although not essential, should you wish to attend modules on-campus, this can be arranged. Learning and professional development is facilitated by regular guided group work tasks online. Progress is assessed by coursework assignments for each module and, for the MSc, the dissertation.
For a complete guide on the teaching structure and module details, please visit our website http://www.stir.ac.uk/postgraduate/programme-information/prospectus/education/teaching-english-to-speakers-of-other-languages-tesol/
English is regarded as the most widely spoken language in the world and a qualification in TESOL can provide access to promoted posts and management positions within English language teaching.
On completion of the MSc in TESOL, overseas graduates will be well prepared to sit all three modules of the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations TKT.
For experienced teachers, the qualification has provided access to positions with the British Council or in the tertiary sector.
The course allows experienced practitioners to enhance their professional knowledge and understanding of the TESOL sector which enables them to adopt greater responsibility and leadership in their own or future work environment.
The course draws on practitioners and best practice from across the TESOL sector, focusing on the development of advanced professional capabilities and knowledge in language learning and teaching.
We also offer a on-campus TESOL course that can be completed in one year http://www.stir.ac.uk/postgraduate/programme-information/prospectus/education/teaching-english-to-speakers-of-other-languages-tesol/
Visit the MSc TESOL (Online) page on the University of Stirling website for more details!