The different ways in which systemic leadership and consulting practices respond to organisational challenges and personal, relational and development issues is a key element of this course, which will help you develop insights into systemic organisational practice and theory.
Developed for corporate and business leaders in health or care settings, social and community workers, religious leaders and other professionals, it will enable you to take a step-change in your leadership practice.
• Study how different paradigms influence ways of leading, consulting, coaching, organising and managing change and development in organisations • Explore current research and advanced scholarship in systemic and related fields, including a range of theoretical frameworks and approaches in relation to systemic practice and research methodologies • Develop systemic coaching and consultation techniques so that you can ethically engage with, explore and expand possibilities for communication and action in an organisational context • Gain reflexive leadership skills so you can observe, discuss, critique and draw learning from your own practice, with a particular focus on issues surrounding power, diversity and social difference • Benefit from the creative use of a range of inquiry techniques in leadership and consulting situations in ways that serve to ethically intervene in unfolding possibilities in organisations.
This course on systemic leadership and organisational development is distinctive in its approach to learning, the transformational experience it offers, the development of practical skills and its ethos. To point to some of these features more specifically the course offers:
• Comprehensive and practical systemic frameworks that help you to orientate in complex organisational situations and work effectively and ethically as leader or consultant from within such situations.
• Development of relational sensibilities and skills in listening and talking with others in ways that invite understanding, orientation, direction and commitment.
• An opportunity to make practical ethical contributions to your organisation whilst you are studying, and in the process developing your role and position in relation to others.
• A transformational experience that changes your way of making sense of your organisational `reality and your contribution from within it. The course is likely to also change your sense of professional identity and agency in the world.
• Development of scholarship in systemic social constructionist approaches which are increasingly recognised as contributing to cutting edge thinking and practising in the field of organisation studies and development.
• An opportunity to take stock of the resources and resourcefulness you bring to the course and build them into your learning practice and experience.
• Designing, Facilitating And Sustaining Systemic Organisational Development (ASS054-6) Compulsory • Dissertation In Systemic Organisational Practice (ASS056-6) Compulsory • Systemic Leadership And Organisational Development - Principles And Applications (ASS051-6) Compulsory • Systemic Research Methods: Positions, Actions And Interventions (ASS055-6) Compulsory • The Leader And Consultant As Systemic Coach (ASS052-6) Compulsory • The Reflexive Leader/Consultant Within Organisational Complexity (ASS053-6) Compulsory
Central to the learning on the course are assignments for systemic practice which relate directly to the content focus of the respective units. Assignments provide you with a structure to make your learning relevant to your work place, using systemic approaches to make sense of situations, engaging with or collaborating with others, supporting others, facilitating developments and so forth. The course structure facilitates you in the development of your assignments through teaching, practice and formative exercises and tutorials.
Assignments create possibilities to learn from action and reflection and provide the opportunity for valuable feedback for your learning. You will account for assignments in seminar papers, presentations or performances that explore how the assignment connects to the course unit, how systemic practice and theory have been applied, provide insight into the specific practice, explore the developments that emerge from it and the learning it creates.
Assessments of seminar papers and presentations provide an opportunity to consolidate and share learning from the course and practice and provide another level of feedback, reflection and discussion on practice learning.
The course helps your employability and career management in developing your abilities:
• to account for your practice as leader or consultant facilitating the development of organisations and the achievement of objectives • to engage with and make sense of a job opportunity from a wider contextual awareness and mindfulness of the organisation as whole. • to engage with the emergent possibilities rather than only the set properties of a particular job or position • to use your reflective skills to account for your own practice, abilities and experience and how these contribute to developments in coherent and compelling ways.
Tick this if you’d like to know more about fees for this course or university– including information for part-time, distance-learning or international students. Why not use the message box below to tell the university which specific fees you’d like to know more about or to ask about funding opportunities?
Tick this if you have questions about getting admitted to courses at this university, including queries about eligible undergraduate degree subjects or academic entry tests.
Why not use the message box below to tell the university about your existing qualifications and experience?
Tick this is you have questions about studying in a foreign language at this university.
Why not use the message box below to tell the university about your language proficiency or ask if it accepts specific test scores?
Tick this if you’d like to know more about the application process at this university, including the material you will need to provide and the deadline for submissions.
Why not use the message box below to ask more specific questions, such as requirements for international students?
Tick this if you have a more specific enquiry, or if you would just like more general information (such as a prospectus). Use the message box below to let the university know how it can help you.
Including a specific message makes it easier for universities to help you with your enquiry and application. You can ask about information for international applicants, scholarships, student accommodation or anything else you’d like to know about the course.
* required field
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry