The two-year Master's programme is meant for students with a scientific fascination for sport. You will study athletic behaviour from multiple perspectives, using theories about cognition, psychology and physiology.
As a student of this programme, you will acquire an advanced understanding of issues in the field of sport sciences, both applied and fundamental. You will practice in measuring and analyzing sports performance and gain familiarity with research methods and advanced statistics. Also, you will learn to develop optimal programmes to teach and train sport-related abilities and skills.
The programme is concentrated around four research areas. The first centres on physical activity, sports and cognition in children. The second deals with talent identification and development. Perception, action and decision making in sports is the third area. And in the fourth, you learn about performance analysis and optimization in sports.
It is possible to do a crossover between the Master's programmes in Sport Sciences and Human Movement Sciences.
Why in Groningen?
- Unique MSc Sport Sciences programme in the Netherlands - Comprehensive 2-year program with a multidisciplinary approach to studying sport - Strong link between fundamental and applied research in sports settings - Possibility to apply for a Master-PhD position in Sport Sciences
After graduation, you can continue your academic career in a PhD trajectory. You can also work as a scientist for a professional sport team or as a scientific advisor at sport associations such as the Olympic federation. In addition, you can develop training and exercise programmes for ergonomic, orthopaedic or educational institutions or develop sport, health and welfare policies for government agencies. With a teacher's certificate you can work as a lecturer in education.
- Advisor Scientific advisor at sport associations or Olympic federation
- Developer Develop training and exercise programs for ergonomic, orthopaedic, or educational institutions
- Embedded scientist Embedded scientist for a professional sport team/club
- Researcher Teacher/lecturer Teacher/Lecturer of sport and exercise courses in Higher Education
- Policy Officer Government employee dealing with sport, health, and welfare policies
MSc Sport Sciences
page on the University of Groningen website for more details!
Enquire About This Course
Recipient: University of Groningen
Insert previous message below for editing?
You haven’t included a message. Providing a specific message means universities will take your enquiry more seriously and helps them provide the information you need. Why not add a message here