The MSc (pre-registration) Physiotherapy is a two-year, accelerated qualifying programme for students with a suitable first degree. Graduates from this programme will be eligible to seek registration with the Health Professions Council and membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
The ability to adapt to the changing needs of the service user and changing health and social care provision in the 21st century is embedded in the curriculum of this innovative programme. The aim of the programme is to train reflective, person-centred practitioners by covering the core skills within the areas of musculoskeletal cardiorespiratory and neurological physiotherapy and integrating them within an evidence-based context. Students will develop independent learning and problem solving skills using enquiry based learning. There is the opportunity to learn leadership skills and engage in service development projects. Hands on skills and clinical reasoning skills acquired in university will be developed further through a range of clinical placements.
The award for the programme is:
MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration)
The interim awards are:
• MSc Health Studies (without the placement component)
• Postgraduate Diploma in Health Studies
• Postgraduate Certificate in Health Studies
• Long-term Conditions (30 credits)
• Physiotherapy Practice (30 credits)
• Rehabilitation Practice with Health Promotion (30 credits)
• Physiotherapy Professional Practice Placements 1 and 2
• Audit Research and Service Evaluation (15 credits)
• Patient Management (15 credits)
• Leadership and Service Development (15 credits)
• Physiotherapy Professional Practice Placements 3 and 4
• Research in Physiotherapy Practice (30 credits)
• Contemporary Practice (15 credits)
• Physiotherapy Professional Practice Placement 5
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please see the following link: https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/how-to-apply/
Other sources of funding
Information on alternative sources of funding can be found here: https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/student-services/money/funding-my-course/postgraduate-/postgraduate-funding-/
Applicants will normally have at least a 2:1 in a related subject. Examples of this would include human biology/behavioural science/sports science/health-related profession in which the foundation sciences (human anatomy and/or physiology/psychology were completed at honours level. Applicants would also be expected to have experience within an honours degree of undergraduate level research and a project/dissertation.Insight into the physiotherapy profession is required as is evidence of academic study within the last three years.Applicants whose first language is not English should have IELTS grade 7 with no component lower than 6.5 or another acceptable English language qualification.