This course is aimed at students with a background in business or business-related studies, who wish to further their knowledge of international business. During your time with us, you’ll develop an integrated and critically-aware understanding of the international activities of business organisations, at both the strategic and operational level. This understanding is necessary if you want to effectively develop and execute international business strategy and operations.
• This is a practical course with an international focus that offers the opportunity to gain a broad overview of the subject before specialising in your chosen area
• Our strong industry links allow you to mix theory with practice, visiting companies and hearing from expert industry speakers both in the UK and overseas
• You can benefit from a residential study week in Europe, giving you an invaluable insight into organisations and their activities in industrial sectors such as agriculture and tourism
Visit the website: http://www.salford.ac.uk/pgt-courses/international-business
The programme is block delivered and there are six entry points per year.
This course is ideal if you wish to develop your knowledge and understanding of business in a rapidly changing international context.
Format and assessment
The course is delivered in four blocks of three day intensive study periods, followed by independent study and online support through the University’s virtual learning environment, Blackboard. Each module is taken and assessed over a six week block.
Teaching is delivered through a combination of lectures, seminars and tutorials, using a wide range of learning activities.
- Semester 1
• Strategic International Business Management
• International Financial Management
- Semester 2 -
• Marketing International Business: Branding, Communication and Relationships
• Global Supply Chain Management
- Semester 3 -
- Business Innovation Project
For the final third of your studies you can choose from 4 differing pathways, all of which are designed to accommodate your career aspirations and enhance your professional practice:
• Assessed Internship
• Live Project
Over the duration of your course a range of assessment techniques will be used. Types of assessment include; essays, assignments, exams, multiple choice tests, online tests, group reports, and portfolio work. The weighting between exams and coursework varies between modules and years, but exams still play a major role.
You will gain a highly regarded formal qualification, as well as personal and organisational management skills that will enhance your career prospects, particularly if you want to become a manager working for a multinational company. Graduates often go on to build their careers as managers, business consultants or entrepreneurs operating on the international stage.
Graduates have become international recruitment consultants, while others go on to join international marketing research and international data analysis roles. This course will provide you with flexible employment opportunities leading to potential roles with a variety of management-level national and international sectors.
Recent Salford Business School graduates have gained employment with leading companies including:
• Ernst & Young
• Dixons Group plc
• British Airways
• Cooperative Insurance Services
• American Express
• Office of the Legal Services Ombudsman
• Premier Travel Inn
• Thomson Holidays
• DTS Logistics
• Greater Manchester Police
• The NHS
How to apply: http://www.salford.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/applying
Normally a minimum 2:1 honours degree or equivalent.Student with a 2:2 in a cognate discipline or successful completion of the Graduate Certificate International Management will also be accepted. A wide range of Professional Qualifications are also accepted either in partial or complete fulfilment of entry requirements. Start Dates: September; January; March; June; November