The aerospace industry is at the forefront of modern engineering and manufacturing technology and there is an expanding need for highly skilled chartered Aerospace Engineers.
If you are looking to pursue a career in aerospace engineering this course will enable you to apply your skills and knowledge of engineering devices and associated components used in the production of civil and military aircraft, spacecraft and weapons systems.
• accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
• Access to excellent facilities including over 20 wind tunnels and a DC10 jet engine
Visit the website: http://www.salford.ac.uk/pgt-courses/aerospace-engineering2
Suitable for graduates from an engineering or numerate science discipline such as aeronautical, mechanical or electrical/ electronic engineering or physics.
On graduation you be able to work towards Chartered Aerospace Engineer status which is an independent verification of your skills and demonstrates to your colleagues and employers your commitment and credentials as an engineering professional.
The course will be taught by a series of lectures, tutorials, computer workshops and laboratory activities. Some modules will include a structured factory visit to illustrate the processes and techniques and to enable investigations to be conducted. Engineers from the industry will contribute to the specialist areas of the syllabus as guest lecturers.
• Finite Element Analysis
• Aerospace Assembly
• Flight Dynamics and Control
• Flight Simulation
• MSc Project and Dissertation
The coursework consists of one assignment, and two laboratory exercises.
• Assignment 1: Control design skills. (30%)
• Laboratory 1: Feedback control design skills and system modelling skills. (10%)
• Laboratory 2: Flight dynamics (10%)
• The first 5 assignments are of equal weighting of 10%, assignment 6 has a weighting of 20%
• Assignment1: Matlab programming skills assessed.
• Assignment2: Simulink/ Matlab for control programming skills assessed.
• Assignment3: Matlab simulation skills assessed.
• Assignment4: Matlab integration skills assessed.
• Assignment5: Matlab matrix manipulation knowledge assessed.
• Assignment 6: Aerospace assembly techniques.
This highly valued qualification will open doors to careers in global organisations, including aerospace companies and their suppliers, governmental bodies and research institutions.
The aerospace industry is at the forefront of modern engineering and manufacturing technology, and there’s a growing demand for highly skilled chartered aerospace engineers.
How to apply: http://www.salford.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/applying
A 2:2 degree or above in an engineering or numerate science discipline such as aeronautical, mechanical or electrical/electronic engineering or physics.Applicants who have a HNC/HND and five years' relevant experience may be considered for entry to the PgDip, initially.