The aim of the MSc Innovation, Strategy and Entrepreneurship's master degree is to provide a framework and a toolkit for future managers and entrepreneurs to identify, assess and manage business opportunities in either their own companies or in existing organizations.
The program reflects the realities of the global environment and provides general management courses together with highly specialized modules in the areas of Innovation, Strategy and Entrepreneurship.
A word from the Program Director
"Innovation and Entrepreneurship are everywhere in our daily lives: smart cities, internet society, the digital economy, big data and design thinking, to name only a few. The consequences are huge: we will no longer buy – we will use! We will no longer manufacture - we will print with 3D printing!
After the Internet of People with mobile internet technology and applications, the next wave will be the Internet of Things called : IoT with news applications, new behaviors, and above all new business models. You have to discover and learn the causes and impacts of IoT in the next decade.
The MSc in Innovation, Strategy and Entrepreneurship is a convergent Master-level program designed for students who want to prepare themselves for the tectonic shift in the way we live and work. Companies and organizations, already responding to the challenges of tomorrow, project hiring graduates who have learned to navigate through the new landscape of innovation and strategy. See the opportunities got by the graduates in Employability section - http://en.grenoble-em.com/msc-innovation-strategy-and-entrepreneurship#Entreprise
If you want to broaden your theoretical knowledge while gaining practical experience in the working world, network with today's leading industry experts and tomorrow's game-changers, create your own business or help companies face tomorrow's challenges head-on, this program was designed for you! You will be challenged by an intensive, rigorous curriculum, taught by acclaimed academics and professional experts, and learn from your fellow students – a truly international group – through teamwork and intensive real-life case studies.
If you are ready to embark on this adventure and be part of this unique experience in Grenoble, heart of the French Alps and France's capital of innovation and entrepreneurship, come and join us!"
Marie-France Derderian, MSc Innovation, Strategy and Entrpreneurship Program Director
In addition to its proximity to research-intensive, international companies (STMicroelectronics, Hewlett-Packard) and scientific organizations (the micro and nanotechnology innovation center GIANT Minatec (http://www.minatec.org/) - the French Commissariat à l'Energie Atomique (http://english.cea.fr/english-portal) and LETI (http://www-leti.cea.fr/en/Discover-Leti/Innovation-platforms)), this program also comes from a top quality international teaching team made up of academics and professionals, thus creating an atmosphere supportive of teaching, learning, creative thinking and research.
The program’s main objective is to provide a multidisciplinary approach to the field of Innovation, Strategy and Entrepreneurship
The program corresponds to the realities of the global management environment by offering highly-specialized courses in the fields as well as courses relating to general management and business, thus extending the intellectual understanding of Innovation, Strategy, and Entrepreneurship as a discipline.
Students will be required to attend the program full-time for one academic year from September to June the following year.
Following the classroom portion of the program, students will complete a Final Management Project on a topic of their choice related to the program content. Students may complete the project while participating in an internship or full-time employment.
1) General Management and the Corporate Environments
- Finance for Managers - Cross Cultural Communication and Negotiation - Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethical Issues in Business - Managing IT for Success - Leadership, Team Building and Managerial Creativity - Project Management - Legal Environment of International Business - Economics - Accounting for Managers
2) Innovation Management
- Introduction to Innovation - Creativity and Innovation - Innovation Through Design - Marketing High Tech and Innovation - Managing Business and Innovation Networks
- Strategic Management - Microeconomics of Competitiveness (Harvard) - Mergers, New Acquisitions and Restructuring - Strategic Marketing and Marketing Planning
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship - New Venture Business Planning - Entrepreneurship and Business Opportunities - Small and Family Business - Digital Marketing for Entrepreneurs
*Content subject to change.
At the end of the classroom portion of the program, each student will be required to complete a Final Management Project of approximately 20,000 words in length under the guidance of a GGSB professor.
In order to successfully complete the Final Management Project, students are required to address a particular research question or knowledge gap in their field of study.
This research should be business-oriented and coherent with the program’s objectives. A student may choose to write the Final Management Project on a topic grounded in his or her internship experience.
During this program, participants will have the opportunity to become real-life business developers by exploring a Live Business Case provided by companies working in partnerships with the MSc Innovation, Strategy, and Entrepreneurship program. Students will work in groups and delve deeply into their cases during the seven months from October to June under the supervision of a GGSB coach.The Live Business Cases are launched by a briefing given by the company.
LIVE BUSINESS CASES WILL COVER:
- Innovation, entrepreneurship, and management issues from an integrated, holistic perspective. - A capstone opportunity for students to apply theoretical principles from coursework and lectures.
AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE LIVE BUSINESS CASE, STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Build a company analysis - Select and apply a methodology, and make useful and efficient recommendations. - Understand the Business Development process - Provide critical analysis - Make strategic decisions - Work in a small multicultural group under time constraints - Produce compelling written and oral presentations - Demonstrate communication, negotiation and leadership skills
At the end of the seven-month Live Business Case, each group will produce a written report and make an oral presentation to the Jury and other groups from the program. The Jury consists of the company coach, the school coach, and the program director.
MANAGERIAL CREATIVITY : A METHOD OF SELF MANAGEMENT BY THE STUDENTS
This course/workshop is an introduction to all group assignments to be carried out all through the year. In order to help you to be efficient when working in small groups, you need to know not only your personal strengths and improvement points but also those of your class.
By discovering them during this course, you will be able to imagine together how to leverage the strengths of your class and how to manage your improvement points. You have to manage the classroom as a company, so we will appoint different representatives in charge of the main aspects of the construction of the class as a performing team: event manager, class representative, timekeeper, project leader, MSc community leader, and Alumni communication and coordination manager. These representatives and their teams will draft an action plan for the coming year.
Foreign language skills are essential in business today and the program is taught in English but provides the possibility to learn a foreign language at the same time. No prior knowledge of French is required to attend the program. Non-French speakers may study French. Native and fluent French speakers will have the possibility to choose from Spanish or Chinese. The language component is not compulsory.
The students following the MSc Innovation, Strategy and Entrepreneurship generally wish to prepare for careers as:
- R&D Managers - Project Managers - B to B Product Managers - Business Engineers - Business Developers
Or in the following fields:
- Biotech - High Tech IT - Start-ups
Graduates of the MSc Innovation, Strategy and Entrepreneurship program hold positions in a variety of sectors all over the world:
- Guillermo, Venezuela: Product Manager - Organizacion Palo Alto - Huwein, China: Project Manager, Reverse Innovation - Biomerieux - Amit, UK: EMEIA Product Marketing - Apple - Alexandre, France: Business Analyst and Pricing Expert - Schneider - Nikolay, Russia: Analyst - International Innovation Nanotechnology Center - Nikos, Greece: Business Developer - Intralot - Agostino, Canada: Associate - Kachan and Co. - Mayur, Singapore: Executive Business Development - Adnai Mining - Khodor, France: Digital Marketing Manager - Eurocopter
This program is designed for recent graduates from any background as well as managers or entrepreneurs willing to develop and manage technological and business opportunities.
- Bachelor-level undergraduate degree in any subject with a good grade average - No past work experience necessary - Fluency in English - see test requirements below. - The GMAT is not required for this program.