How can you design an electronic toll collection system? How can a production plant minimize production costs without compromising on quality and safety? How can you design a complex consumer product?
These are typical questions that a graduate of the Master's programme Industrial Engineering and Management (IEM) can address. In a progressively technological society, IEM engineers will increasingly become leaders of technological innovation and design.
A Student of the Master's degree programme Industrial Engineering and Management (IEM) learns how to deal with practical problems in businesses. A focus lies on how to find solutions to problems while taking on a technical and scientific design perspective. The general aim of the IEM Master's programme is to train engineers to acquire a thorough overview of all primary and secondary business processes, especially with respect to the design of a technological product or process.
More than its nearest competitors, the IEM Master's degree programme of the University of Groningen focuses on technology. About 65% of the curriculum is dedicated to engineering and technology, and about 35% focuses on management and business. You can choose between two specialisations:
* PTL: Production Technology and Logistics
* PPT: Product and Process Technology
Why in Groningen?
- Integration of technology and management - Strongly embedded in a specific technology of your choice
Career opportunities are abundant for Industrial Engineering and Management(IEM)engineers. Career-market analyses consistently show that there is a strong need for professionals with a combined technical and managerial background.
- IEM engineers with a Production Technology and Logistics (PTL) specialization IEM engineers with a PTL specialization can start a career as a product manager, involved in the development of new innovative products within the tight boundaries of technical, market and product-related constraints.
-Product and Process Technology (PPT) specialized IEM engineers PPT-specialized IEM engineers can become members of product and process design teams or for example begin a career as a production manager in industrial companies.
- Product manager - Product developer - Production manager - Process designer