This programme is designed for students with a quantitative background who want to explore how financial tools can be used to mitigate risk for corporations and society. Students learn how to interpret and assess the risk of individual financial instruments and assets, while critiquing modern finance from a risk perspective.
Industry professionals, practitioners and consultants from around the world teach students how to forecast, react and minimalise risk within their chosen field. Throughout the programme, students will learn about the three pillars of risk that influence industries across the globe: Market Risk, Credit Risk andd Operational Risk. Students will also be trained on Bloomberg to achieve certification.
The programme also prepares students for the FRM examinations. FRM is the globally recognised professional designation for financial risk managers, giving students a competitive advantage in the global marketplace. Trinity College is also a partner of the Professional Risk Managers’ International Association, one of the world’s leading risk management bodies.
The highest performing student in behavioural trading will earn a trip to Canary Wharf in London, where they will learn from trading practitioners in a live environment and gain unprecedented experience to move forward in their career.
Our MSc Financial Risk Management students are in high demand after graduation. Many students build professional connections during their studies and go on to work in global companies such as Accenture, Deloitte, JP Morgan and Google. Many of our graduates also find their niche in smaller organisations and start-ups.
Located in the heart of Europe’s digital and business hubs, Trinity Business School is minutes away from the top global financial, multinational and tech start-ups. Many of these contribute to our programmes and global business network. Trinity Business School is the No. 1 business school in Ireland, 25th in the Top Business Schools in Europe and 51st in Top Business Schools Globally (Eduniversal 2017).
· MSc in Digital Marketing Strategy ranked 1st in the World for E-Business and Digital Marketing (Global Ranking);
· MSc in Entrepreneurship ranked 1st in Ireland, 34th in the World for Entrepreneurship (Global Ranking);
· MSc in Finance ranked 1st in Ireland and 2nd in Corporate Finance in Western Europe;
· MSc in International Management ranked 1st in Ireland and 3rd in International Management in Western Europe;
· MSc in Management ranked 1st in Ireland and 1st in General Management in Western Europe;
· MSc in Marketing ranked 1st in Ireland, 5th in Western Europe for Marketing in Western Europe;
· Postgraduate Diploma Accounting ranked 1st in Ireland, 10th in Western Europe for Accounting in Western Europe;
· The Trinity Full Time MBA ranked 1st in Ireland and 4th in Western Europe;
· The Trinity Executive MBA ranked 1st in Ireland and 15th in Western Europe.
· - Eduniversal Best Masters Rankings 2018
Visit the MSc in Financial Risk Management page on the Trinity College Dublin website for more details!
Never miss a course
Enter our scholarship competition
Get funding news, tips and advice
Hear about upcoming events
Get postgraduate loan updates
Hear about funded courses
Enter our scholarship competition
Discover international opportunities
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
We'll make sure you're the first to hear about scholarship opportunities and funding news.