UNDERSTAND THE STRATEGIC IMPACTS OF FINANCIAL DECISIONS
The mission of the MSc in Finance program is to provide graduates with an advanced knowledge of finance and to prepare them, through an understanding of the strategic impacts of financial decisions, for careers in banking, financial services or corporate finance with international companies at a managerial level.
The program covers the fundamentals of finance, as well as advanced topics in corporate finance, financial management, and financial markets.
DEVELOP YOUR SENSE OF THE FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
Its aim is to provide students with strong technical and analytical skills in the principles and application of finance, as well as solid industry knowledge and multicultural exposure.
PREPARE YOUR CAREER IN THE SECTOR OF FINANCE
The MSc Finance prepares students for careers in the financial sector such as investment and commercial banking, asset management, financial services and consulting, or for corporate finance positions within international companies at a managerial level.
The program provides an excellent preparation for the Chartered Financial Analysts® (CFA) exams, as it is based on the CFA Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) and is part of the CFA University Recognition program. It also covers related fields such as management control systems, economics, corporate governance, and private equity investment.
Students have the opportunity to follow the MSc Finance program in:
- Grenoble - London - Singapore
Students may also spend a semester at a campus other than the one in which they are enrolled (subject to specific conditions).
- A two-year program: requires full-time attendance during one academic year for coursework. The second year is dedicated solely to the Final Management Project and can be completed in parallel with a job or internship. - Curriculum based on the CFA program. - International perspective. - Combined academic and 'real-world' expertise within the faculty. - International and multi-cultural student body. - GGSB expertise on the financing of innovative companies, given our location within a high-tech international marketplace. - An integrative case study based on inter-campus, virtual team work - A choice of two electives - Exchange campus option (subject to conditions)
The MSc Finance program begins in the Fall semester of each year and requires full-time attendance during one academic year for completion of coursework. The second year is dedicated solely to the Final Management Project.
INTRODUCTION WEEK (E-LEARNING MODULES)
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance - Fundamentals of Excel and Statistics
The program is taught entirely in English by both academics and professionals, all with extensive experience in finance. The teaching style is very interactive and emphasis is placed on group work.
CAREER PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE MSC PROGRAM
- Job market presentations - Access and training on the international job platform (TopMBA) - CV writing workshop - Workshops on job search and networking techniques - Mock interview sessions with alumni, business leaders and international headhunters - Personal coaching to clarify career goals, CV and cover letters, and development gaps
MSc Finance graduates are also awarded a certificate conferring the title of Manager Financier. This title is recognized by the CNCP*, an agency of the French Ministry of Labor. It is a recognition that the graduate’s core financial management skills conform to the standards established by the Ministry of Labor for managers of financial activities.
*Commission Nationale de la Certification Professionnelle
- Airbus - Amazon - Barclays Capital - BNP Paribas - Cadbury - Deloitte - Ernst & Young - General Electric - HSBC - Hewlett-Packard - JP Morgan - KPMG - PWC - Schneider Electric - Société Générale - Thyssenkrupp - Tyco Electronics
Junior professionals already working in the financial services sector will enhance their experience with the formal training provided through the MSc Finance program.
This program is also suitable for graduates from a wide range of disciplines, such as management or engineering, who would be well served by a formal finance credential.
- Bachelor-level undergraduate degree. - Work experience is not compulsory. - Fluency in English - see test requirements below. - Quantitative proficiency is required for this program. This can be demonstrated by one of the following: - A prior degree from a recognized institution in a quantitative major showing good academic performance (Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, Economics…) - CFA level 1 - GMAT - GRE
This quantitative aptitude test requirement may be waived at the discretion of the MSc Finance Admissions Board for candidates that exhibit previous academic excellence from top ranked universities or business schools, especially in quantitative subjects.
page on the Grenoble Ecole de Management website for more details!
Enquire About This Course
Recipient: Grenoble Ecole de Management
Tick this if you’d like to know more about fees for this course or university– including information for part-time, distance-learning or international students. Why not use the message box below to tell the university which specific fees you’d like to know more about or to ask about funding opportunities?
Tick this if you have questions about getting admitted to courses at this university, including queries about eligible undergraduate degree subjects or academic entry tests.
Why not use the message box below to tell the university about your existing qualifications and experience?
Tick this is you have questions about studying in a foreign language at this university.
Why not use the message box below to tell the university about your language proficiency or ask if it accepts specific test scores?
Tick this if you’d like to know more about the application process at this university, including the material you will need to provide and the deadline for submissions.
Why not use the message box below to ask more specific questions, such as requirements for international students?
Tick this if you have a more specific enquiry, or if you would just like more general information (such as a prospectus). Use the message box below to let the university know how it can help you.
Including a specific message makes it easier for universities to help you with your enquiry and application. You can ask about information for international applicants, scholarships, student accommodation or anything else you’d like to know about the course.
* required field
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry