The MSc in Finance and Econometrics is a specialist degree aimed at providing you with rigorous training and a strong analytical background in finance, financial economics and econometrics. This masters degree is ideal for those who aim to pursue careers as financial economists, quantitative analysts and financial econometricians in the private sector, in the government or in international financial institutions.
Our Finance and Econometrics degree will develop your financial expertise to the highest level.
Features of the MSc in Finance and Econometrics are:
* This degree covers all the analytical tools and advanced materials in quantitative asset pricing, econometrics, financial derivatives, and financial econometrics.
* Training in relevant mathematical and statistical methods and how to conduct, assess, and supervise both theoretical and applied research in the field.
* Possibility to continue to MRes study upon successful completion of the MSc, with the option to progress to doctoral study in the School of Economics and Finance.
MSc Finance and Econometrics offers:
* Invaluable contributions from respected City practitioners and industry experts who also teach students, bringing practical insights in to the classroom by applying theory to real world scenarios.
* A fully integrated careers programme, a dedicated careers consultant, and extensive industry links that aim to maximise your employment prospects.
* An unparalleled set of optional short courses designed to equip you with further practical training and key technical skills that are highly valued in the Financial Sector.
* High rate of employment of our students within six months of graduation.
* State-of-the-art facilities such as a virtual trading floor which provides exclusive access to the latest technology and financial software used in the banking and finance industry, and access to specialised financial and economic databases and software used by economists in finance or in government for data analysis and simulation.
* The opportunity to join QUMMIF – the only Investment Club of its kind, which allows students to trade real money (currently £30,000) in order to obtain relevant, practical work experience in trading and portfolio analysis.
The MSc in Finance and Econometrics is currently available for one year of study full-time.
You will take three core modules, plus one option in the first semester and two core modules, plus two options in the second semester.
The pre-semester modules in maths and statistics take place in September. They are especially designed for students who want to review concepts such as statistical distributions and matrix algebra.
For details of modules click here: http://econ.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/masters/msc-programmes/155560.html