This one year MSc Finance & Accounting programme appeals to students from a range of business and scientific backgrounds looking to move into the finance industry.
Taught by outstanding academics and leading practitioners, students are provided with a thorough grounding in the theory of finance. Built on this solid technical foundation is an understanding of the practical elements of the finance and accounting industries which include advanced techniques in corporate financial strategy, project management and company valuation.
If you aspire to work in areas such as management consulting, equity research analysis, sales in investment banking, the treasury department of a large corporate company, or at one of the big four, then this programme is suitable for you.
MSc Finance & Accounting ensures students benefit from a unique blend of rigour and relevance, providing an understanding of the financial basics, more specialist knowledge in a chosen area and a practical experience through electives and project work.
You will begin by studying five compulsory foundation modules to introduce the tools of modern finance and enhance your career development skills. These include:
• Accounting and Valuation
• Application of Matlab to Finance
• Financial Modelling
• Markets and Securities
• The Finance Industry
Core modules are the backbone of the programme and provide you with a solid knowledge base in each subject area. The core modules include:
• Advanced Corporate Finance
• Financial Accounting
• Corporate Finance
• Corporate Financial Management & Strategy
• Fundamentals of Derivatives
• Applied Econometrics
• Investments and Portfolio Management
• Management Accounting
Each module builds on previous experience while introducing new and challenging disciplines. You are also given the opportunity to choose from a variety of electives and undertake a final project. The selection of electives includes:
• Advanced Financial Statistics
• Banks, Regulation and Monetary
• Corporate Law and Corporate Tax Strategy
• Corporate Strategy and Dynamic Competition
• Enterprise Risk Management
• International Elective: Macro and Finance for Practitioners
• International Finance
• Mergers and Acquisitions
• Real Estate Investment
• Structured Credit and Equity Products
• Venture Capital and Private Equity
• Topics in FinTech Innovation
Visit the MSc Finance & Accounting page on the Imperial College London website for more details!