Don't miss our weekly Masters newsletter | Sign up now Don't miss our weekly Masters newsletter | Sign up now

  MSc Children and Young People's Mental Health

University of Central Lancashire    School of Nursing

Part time September MSc 3 years part-time Award winner
Nursing & Health (27) Psychology (31) Social Work (32)

FindAMasters summary

The MSc in Child and Adolescent Mental Health is a comprehensive programme designed for professionals in Health, Education, Social Care, and Voluntary care services who have experience working with children and adolescents. While a core professional qualification is preferred, it is not essential. The course spans three years and offers two pathways in the final year: a full research pathway or a taught research pathway. The teaching methods are diverse, including role play, experiential learning, and structured reflection. The programme focuses on areas such as attachment, childhood development, parenting, and trauma-informed care. A first or upper second class honours degree is required, though lower second class degrees will be considered with demonstrated ability at Masters level.

About the course

Gain a specialist academic qualification that’s grounded in government policies and plans to develop the UK’s healthcare workforce.

Suitable for professionals and those interested in research. This programme develops practitioners who are knowledgeable and skilled in their practice. You'll flex and adapt to constant change, and be ready to take on roles in services that have responsibility for children and young people. These can be in health, education, social care or the voluntary sector.

The course takes learners on a deep dive into areas from assessment and interventions relevant to specific to ADHD, Autism, anxiety, depression, self-harm, emergent personality disorders and includes a specific module dedicated to eating disorders.

Read more about this course

Entry Requirements

A first degree or an upper second class (2:1) honours degree.

Applicants who have a lower second class degree (2:2) or practitioners with a diploma qualification such as nursing and can demonstrate an ability to work at Masters level may be considered.

 Course Content

Visit institution website

Where will I study?

Where is University of Central Lancashire
Search Suggestions

Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters