For our latest fees, please see our course page: website
02 October 2017
Why choose this course:
• If you're an advanced practitioner who is involved with high level decision making and problem solving tasks, then this course will help you to increase your knowledge and improve your practice.
• This course is flexible as many of the modules are available through distance learning, so you can study at a time and place to suit you.
• We've developed this course to meet your professional and personal developmental needs, so you can be sure it's relevant to you.
• You'll explore the complexity of advanced practice by working on specific areas of your clinical practice and leadership.
• You can study individual modules as standalone courses to help you to increase your confidence and skills, and as part of your continued professional development.
About the course:
If you're a professional working within health care practice, in particular nursing or professions linked to medicine and service improvement, this course has been developed for you. We've developed this course to comply with Department of Health Knowledge and Skills Framework (KSF).
It's been designed in partnership with NHS colleagues from within the East Midlands and appropriate national bodies in osteoporosis, falls, ultrasound and service development to ensure you'll receive learning that has direct benefit to service delivery, the enhancement of patient care and the future development of the NHS. The education and training of a high quality NHS workforce and the future development of your skills is essential to the success of the modern health service and this course will assure your learning and will enhance your expertise within the future NHS.
The programme consists of six interim awards:
• Postgraduate Certificate in Osteoporosis and Falls Management • Postgraduate Certificate in Bone Densitometry Reporting • Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership for Healthcare Improvement • Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma in Advanced Practice • Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma in Medical Ultrasound
The course is flexible and can be tailored to suit your personal development and the service needs of your manager or employer. As a result you can be sure that the learning will add value to your role and to your further professional career aspirations. If you currently work within the East Midlands area you'll be able to access this course through the Learning Beyond Registration (LBR) pathway. If you work outside the East Midlands you're also encouraged to apply.
Tick this if you’d like to know more about fees for this course or university– including information for part-time, distance-learning or international students. Why not use the message box below to tell the university which specific fees you’d like to know more about or to ask about funding opportunities?
Tick this if you have questions about getting admitted to courses at this university, including queries about eligible undergraduate degree subjects or academic entry tests.
Why not use the message box below to tell the university about your existing qualifications and experience?
Tick this is you have questions about studying in a foreign language at this university.
Why not use the message box below to tell the university about your language proficiency or ask if it accepts specific test scores?
Tick this if you’d like to know more about the application process at this university, including the material you will need to provide and the deadline for submissions.
Why not use the message box below to ask more specific questions, such as requirements for international students?
Tick this if you have a more specific enquiry, or if you would just like more general information (such as a prospectus). Use the message box below to let the university know how it can help you.
Including a specific message makes it easier for universities to help you with your enquiry and application. You can ask about information for international applicants, scholarships, student accommodation or anything else you’d like to know about the course.
* required field
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry