• This is a flexible course that allows you to study a range of modules of your choice as part of your own continued professional development, so you can study areas that interest and matter most to you.
• You will study through distance learning on a part time basis meaning you can study from your home at a time and pace to suit you, allowing you to stimulate the development of your own learning.
• You will develop a range of key skills which you can then apply into your career. We'll encourage you to be forward thinking and innovative throughout the course.
• After completing the PG Dip or MSc stage you could apply for a place on the Doctor of Health and Social Care Practice which will enable you to further develop as a clinical and professional leader in your workplace.
• As a distance learning student you will have access to our libraries with an extensive range of journals and online resources which will help you with your self-directed learning.
About the course:
This course consists of two pathways which lead on to two separate awards; the MSc Advanced Occupational Therapy and the MSc Advanced Occupational Therapy (Community). It is aimed at qualified occupational therapists and each pathway has a Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and a Masters stage, all studied on a part time basis.
Both routes are appropriate to any setting that you may be placed within, but if you work in a community setting, MSc Advanced Occupational Therapy (Community) has modules on community working which are only available if you study on this route.
During the course, you will have the opportunity to study individual modules as standalone courses which will contribute to your continued professional development, if you want to. Alternatively you can take a number of modules which will work towards a PG Certificate, a PG Diploma or the full Masters. You will also have the opportunity to come into the university for optional study days which will give you the chance to share ideas with fellow students from your profession.
You'll be encouraged to apply the knowledge you've already learnt in your workplace to your study, which will help you to develop both personally and professionally. Our team of tutors, who are all qualified occupational therapists, will also give you all the help and support you need during your studies.