Programme offers core, introductory modules followed by specialised topical modules on the latest aspects of communications technology. Includes an individual research project. Ideal for careers in industry and commerce or further study.
- In depth understanding of the fundamental principles of today’s modern telecommunications systems providing the foundations for further study at PhD level or entrance to the job market in a growing telecommunications industry.
- Unrivalled location in the heart of London giving access to major libraries and leading scientific societies, including the IET.
- Access to speakers of international repute through seminars and external lectures, enabling students to keep abreast of emerging knowledge in the telecommunications field.
Our programme offers introductory modules followed by specialised topical courses on the latest aspects of communications technology, including personal and mobile wireless communications, communication networks, advanced digital communications theory and techniques and communications signal processing. You will complete eight taught modules. You will also undertake a substantial individual project.
- Course purpose -
For students wishing to work in the telecommunications industry.
- Course format and assessment -
Lectures; tutorials; seminars. Assessed through: coursework; written examinations; and final project report.
- Individual Research Project - Communication Theory - Mobile & Personal Communications Systems - Random Variables & Stochastic Processes - Network Theory - Antennas And Propagation - Communications Theory - Digital Communications - Fundamentals Of Digital Signal Processing - Individual Project - Mobile And Personal Communications - Random Variables And Stochastic Processes - Telecommunications Networks
Careers in industry and commerce or academic research; further study.
To study for a postgraduate degree at King’s College London is to study at the city’s most central university and at one of the top 20 universities worldwide (2015/16 QS World Rankings). Graduates will benefit from close connections with the UK’s professional, political, legal, commercial, scientific and cultural life, while the excellent reputation of our MA and MRes programmes ensures our postgraduate alumni are highly sought after by some of the world’s most prestigious employers. We provide graduates with skills that are highly valued in business, government, academia and the professions.