Offered by the Sykes College of Business’ nationally acclaimed Lowth Entrepreneurship Center, the new M.S. in Entrepreneurship builds the critical business and entrepreneurial skills needed to develop and launch new enterprises. The program also appeals to professionals who wish to incorporate innovation and vision into existing companies, or to engage in social entrepreneurship. The program emphasizes experiential learning. Students may focus on their own projects throughout the curriculum, or team with companies in UT’s incubator and accelerator programs. When students enter the program, a customized approach to their learning is developed by faculty advisors, with the goal of helping them reach their personal objectives.
- Gain the essential skills to successfully plan and launch your own venture
- Work with faculty and expert advisors in UT’s renowned Lowth Entrepreneurship Center
- Through UT’s incubator and accelerator programs, get hands-on experience working with early-stage businesses and student entrepreneurs
- Create lasting connections with fellow entrepreneurs, investors and advisors
- Use program assignments and activities to hone your business plan and investor presentation skills
- Present to investors and potentially raise capital for your business
- Creating and Leading New Ventures - Selecting and Developing Your Business Model - New Venture Finance - Risk Mitigation and Legal Issues for Entrepreneurs - Marketing New Technology and Innovations - Communicating with Investors and Partners - International Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Lowth Entrepreneurship Center
UT's Lowth Entrepreneurship Center has recently received several national, competitive awards for its high quality and innovative programming. These include:
- 2016 Model Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Program in the U.S. (awarded by the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE))
- 2015 Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurship Teaching and Pedagogical Innovation (awarded by the Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers)
- 2014 Outstanding Emerging Entrepreneurship Program in U.S. (awarded by USASBE)
Sykes College of Business
The Sykes College of Business is an integral part of a 105-acre university campus nestled in the heart of Tampa. As a comprehensive institution, The University of Tampa provides a full spectrum of resources, qualified faculty and modern facilities.
The Sykes College of Business is one of the elite private schools in the Southeast accredited at both the graduate and undergraduate levels by AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). AACSB International is the premier business accrediting organization, promoting excellence and continuous improvement in undergraduate and graduate education.