The LLM (Master of Laws) is an internationally recognised postgraduate law degree, comparable to an MBA in business and management.
A valuable qualification for both legal and non-legal professionals, the University of London International Programmes LLM, studied by distance learning, offers breadth and flexibility, enabling you to tailor your LLM degree to meet your personal and professional interests, without necessarily specialising in one area of law.
This LLM by distance learning offers one of the widest choices of modules on the global market, including:
- Commercial and Corporate Law
- International Business Law
- Human Rights Law
- International Dispute Resolution
- Public International Law
- Maritime Law
- Banking and Finance Law
Access is a key principle - you do not need a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) to apply. If you do not have a degree, you can start on the Postgraduate Certificate in Laws and progress up.
Whether you're a practising lawyer, LLB graduate or non-legal professional, if you're keen to enhance your prospects with current or prospective employers, there is an option to suit you.
The LLM will help you to:
- develop a sound understanding of legal cultural context
- develop the skills to carry out effective legal research
- enhance your forensic legal skills such as analysis, critical evaluation, logical thinking and argument
- develop an advanced intellectual engagement with some of the most difficult legal problems.
- Study when it's convenient for you
- Become part of a global online community of people in your field
- Choose to study over 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 years
- Gain a world-class qualification from an internationally renowned University while maintaining your busy professional and personal commitments
The LLM from the University of London International Programmes has been developed by academics within Queen Mary and UCL Law departments, both of which have outstanding reputations.
If you have any questions, please contact our Student Advice Centre.
Visit the Master of Laws (LLM) page on the University of London website for more details!