Hone your skills in a specialist IT area, build on the knowledge gained in your undergraduate degree, and advance your career with our Master of Information Technology (MInfoTech).
If you’re an established or aspiring IT professional, the Master of Information Technology will strengthen your understanding of underlying principles by applying them to practical, industry focused problems.
Students will then apply the knowledge and skills gained in the coursework units by completing a project unit in an area of their MIT specialisation. These projects may vary from advising on the strategic IT management needs of an organisation through to implementing web-enabled database systems on secure networks, depending upon the specialisation chosen.
- study units have been developed in partnership and consultation with industry - gain practical, often industry-based, experience through completing a project - capstone information technology project presentations to industry
Are you an information technology (IT) graduate or professional? The Master of Information Technology will hone your skills in specialist areas and solidify your experience in the field. The MInfoTech will advance the knowledge gained in your bachelor’s degree, specialising in a particular area you are interested in.
Completing the MInfoTech will give you added experience over that of your competitors who hold a bachelor’s degree only. What makes the MIT valuable is also the ability to implement what you have learnt by completing a semester-long project relevant to your MInfoTech specialisation.
Recognition of prior learning
Course Duration - 2 year program Bachelor degree in any discipline.
- 1.5 year program Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline; Bachelor degree in any discipline and work experience in a relevant area.
- 1 year program Honours, Graduate Diploma, Masters (coursework), or Higher Degree Research in a relevant discipline.
- Relevant disciplines Information Technology.
- Relevant areas Relevant positions: IT Manager, IT Officer, Network specialist, Computer Programmer, Systems Analyst, Systems Architect, Systems Designer. Relevant work experience areas: Managerial duties, programming, systems analysis and design, network design, operation, and management.
English language requirements
IELTS of 6.5 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band, or equivalent
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed: - senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC - one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification
- Career Opportunities This program gives you the opportunity to develop specialist knowledge in key growth areas within the Information and Communication Technologies industry. This can give you a competitive advantage in employment over recent graduates from bachelor programs, and will help you advance your career in your chosen field.
Employers - Apple - AT&T Bell Labs - Compaq - Computer Associates - EDS - Google - Government departments - IBM - Macquarie Bank - Microsoft - Optus - small business - Sybase - Westpac