Future-proof your creative skills with the Master of Creative Industries.
This degree prepares you for a career in both media and creative industries by teaching you a range of practical and entrepreneurial knowledge and skills so you can produce, publish, distribute and promote media and creative projects in a real-world context.
You will be mentored by industry award-winning academics and high-level experts from the music and screen industries, and have access to world-class production facilities for screen, music and digital media production.
Core units address: - digital media strategies - creative entrepreneurship - the design and delivery of projects for a range of platforms and media
There are also two specialisations on offer which deepen students' production skills in their chosen area of focus: - audio and music production explores the techniques and art of recording, providing you with an understanding of the processes, practices and issues involved in the production of recorded music.
- screen media production explores contemporary screen production ideas and practices with particular emphasis on shifting practices in our networked, digital world. Screen Media Production combines research critical reflection and production.
- Learn from award-winning writers, filmmakers, documentary program makers, broadcasters and audio and music specialists, including Kathryn Millard (internationally recognised and highly awarded writer and filmmaker), Maree Delofski (recipient of NSW Premier's History Award and an Australian Film Institute [AFI] nominee), and Julian Knowles (award winning composer, performer and producer) - Builds on your previous studies and professional experience - Gives you the skills to produce, release and promote your projects - Develops your entrepreneurship skills and understanding of the online environment - You will work on practical projects in world-class production facilities
Are you an arts, media or other graduate who wants to develop more focused creative media skills? The Master of Creative Industries allows you to hone your craft with the help of respected industry professionals.
Recognition of prior learning
Course Duration - 1.5 year program Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline; Bachelor degree in any discipline and work experience in a relevant area; Work experience in a relevant area.
- 1 year program Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline and work experience in a relevant area; Bachelor degree in any discipline and Honours or Graduate Diploma in a relevant discipline; Honours or Graduate Diploma in relevant discipline and work experience in a relevant area at senior level; Work experience in a relevant area at a senior level.
- Relevant disciplines Arts/Humanities, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Graphic and Design Studies, Communication and Media Studies, Studies in Human Society, Language and Literature, Political Science and Policy Studies.
- Relevant areas Music or Media industries, production.
English language requirements
IELTS of 6.5 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band, or equivalent
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed: - senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC - one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification
Career Opportunities Our graduates find work and freelance across the music, media and screen industries – in record production, sound design, film and television, radio, online production, documentary screen, independent film, cross-platform production, multimedia or digital agencies, and in broadcast and community media.