This triple-accredited MBA course is designed for practising managers aspiring to higher positions. The emphasis for your learning is directly rooted in management practice. You will focus on strategic analysis, interdisciplinary skills, intellectual stimulation and independent judgement – building on a solid foundation of core disciplines, including human resource management, organisational behaviour, accounting and finance, marketing and operations. You will learn to analyse, synthesise and evaluate a wide range of situations within the broad framework of organisations, their external context and internal management. Among these you will explore economic, environmental, social and technological change issues, corporate governance, markets and customers, managing resources and operations, financing organisations, management and development of people, developing information technologies for application in business and management within a global knowledge-based economy, and development of appropriate business policies and strategies within a changing context to meet stakeholder interests.
Key features of the course
• Practice-based learning brings your MBA into life at your workplace • Flexible options enable you to adjust the curriculum to suit your needs • Strong international emphasis essential for developing leaders in a global marketplace • Join an influential network of over 25,000 alumni in 100 countries when you graduate
This qualification is eligible for a Postgraduate Loan available from Student Finance England.
• MBA stage 1: management: perspectives and practice (B716) • MBA stage 1: management: perspectives and practice (fast-track)* (BXFT716) *This version is for the accelerated study route and should only be selected if you intend to complete your MBA in two years.
45 credits from the following compulsory modules:
• The dynamics of strategy (BB835) • Corporate finance (BB831)
45 credits from the following optional modules:
• Business, human rights law and corporate social responsibility (W822) • Entrepreneurship: experience and perspective (BB846) • Leadership and management in intercultural contexts (BB848) • Management beyond the mainstream (BB847) • Managing financial risk (BB841) • Managing in the digital economy (BXM871) • Marketing in the 21st century (BB844) • Strategic human resource management (BB845) • Supply chain management (BB849) • Sustainable creative management (BB842)
A 30 credit compulsory module:
• Making a difference: the management initiative (B839)
If you’ve successfully completed some relevant postgraduate study elsewhere, you might be able to count it towards this qualification, reducing the number of modules you need to study. You should apply for credit transfer as soon as possible, before you register for your first module. For more details and an application form, visit our Credit Transfer website.