At Manchester Met, our MBA programme will teach you all the skills you need to move to the next level of your business career. Our engaging course can be tailored to suit your goals, with a choice of modules available in the latter part of the course.
Our course is AMBA-accredited, and competitively priced, so anyone with the desire to succeed can come to us and achieve their aims. Many professionals who join our MBA programme enjoy promotions and career progression as a result of their studies.
As Manchester continues to grow as one of the UK’s most prominent business destinations, there has never been a better time to push yourself to the next level with Manchester Met.
Designed to provide you with an in-depth understanding of cutting-edge business theory and practice, the MBA programme is ideal for those seeking to develop an executive career in industry, enterprise, consultancy, banking and the public sector. It is also ideal for those interested in developing their own business.
You can now choose to study a general MBA programme, or opt to take a more specialised route:
• The Manchester Met MBA
• MBA in Digital Management
• MBA in Financial Services
Please visit mmu.ac.uk/business-school/study/professional/mba for more information.
• As an MBA student, you will be able to attend many guest lectures throughout your study. We run an annual Masterclass series, where expert leaders from industry deliver insightful sessions to both current and prospective postgraduate students.
• The programme is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) - a significant benchmark of quality, awarded to just 42 of 120 Business Schools in the UK.
• Our MBA programmes are also accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), which means you gain an additional Level 7 CMI Diploma in Management as well as your MBA qualification.
• Our MBA students have automatic student/affiliate membership of the CMI and are guaranteed full membership of the Institute upon graduation without any further assessment.
• MBA students are also entitled to preferential membership fees for the Institute of Directors (IOD)
• An integral part of the MBA includes an international study tour. Previous tours have included Barcelona, Beijing, Budapest, Ljubljana and Prague. You will observe management practice in different organisational and cultural settings, with factory visits and presentations from entrepreneurs, consultants and government officials as well as lectures from the associate university. All hotel, flights and subsistence costs are covered by your course fees.
• You will be taught in the internationally recognised multi award-winning Business School on All Saints Campus.
• The Corporate Scholarship (15% reduction of student tuition fees) is a new scholarship that rewards students whose organisation encourages the development of two or more employees through the EMBA programme at Manchester Metropolitan University
There are also Scholarships available.
• Early in the programme a management development residential takes place in the Peak District. This enables you to achieve a number of learning objectives, participate in team building opportunities, find out more about your studies and meet your fellow MBA students in an informal environment. All hotel and subsistence costs are covered by your course fees.
• We invite guest speakers to discuss pertinent strategic and operational issues from a range of organisations including SMEs and entrepreneurial start ups.
• A commercial/industrial visit programme complements the theories taught and typically includes Jaguar LandRover, Roberts Bakery, Siemens, Manchester United, The BBC and BDO Stoy Hayward.
• You will have the full support of a dedicated careers adviser to assist with CV construction, career development and applying for jobs after completing your MBA.
• Our alumni association offers opportunities for continuous learning and networking as well as entitlement to a range of alumni benefits. There is a strong commitment to the development of a lively MBA alumni network, supported by the regional Association of MBAs alumni network which brings together accredited schools from the North West.
• All programme materials are available online via a virtual learning environment (using Moodle).
These AMBA-accredited MBAs are for professionals with management experience and this is reflected in our entry requirements. We are delighted to offer places to applicants who meet either of the following criteria:1. A minimum of three years relevant work experience plus a good (2:2) degree in any subject from a recognised university or an equivalent international, academic or professional qualification.Or2. Significant management experience and a substantial record of achievement. Candidates meeting this criteria may not have previously studied at university.Supporting references are required in all cases.