About the courseThe two-year full-time study programme (120 ECTS) addresses key social, economic and environmental challenges in geography and spatial planning with a strong emphasis on sustainable development strategies, cross-border issues, and the patterns of spatial development and spatial governance in Europe.
The programme is entirely taught in English and benefits from a proximity to European institutions and international research centres.
We provide a unique combination of academic courses and practical work. Students will learn to identify and explain conceptual and theoretical models and work with geographic information systems, computer-aided cartography, statistical tools as well as qualitative assessment and survey methods.
AimsAs a student, you will
• be trained in a wide range of approaches in geographical analysis and spatial planning
• be prepared to meet the demands for sustainable spatial planning strategies and improved urban and territorial governance processes
• be prepared to understand a wide range of European and transnational planning philosophies and processes
• acquire a set of soft skills that are increasingly required in professional life such as working in groups, debating within interdisciplinary and intercultural teams, preparing and presenting projects
Course modules• Urban and Spatial Planning
• European Territorial Trends and Policies
• Territorial Governance and Policy Analysis
• Cartography and GIS
• Geographical Modelling
• Projects and Practice
• Research Methods and Seminars
• Language modules
CareerThe programme leads to a variety of professional careers at different geographical scales and in various sectors, as well as an opening to PhD programmes. Most of our graduates work in private and public spatial planning bodies, mobility and transport consultancies, urban and regional development agencies, European and cross-border institutions, as well as in universities and research centres.