Home/EU: £8,500. International: £17,920. Home/EU alumni receive a £1,000 discount.
MA Textile Design at Chelsea College of Arts explores creative approaches to sustainable textiles and surface design.
What students can expect from the course:
- A studio-based, practice-led course
- Numerous opportunities for developing and collaborating on pioneering work within the textile industry
- Study to be underpinned by a supportive theoretical framework, as well as instruction in professional contemporary practice
- Focus and debate about environmental issues as well as the designer’s role in acting responsibly to these
- To participate in and develop skills through individual and group tutorials, workshops, online resources and postgraduate talks designed to introduce students to a range of visiting artists, designers and other practitioners
Phase 1: Analysis of practice and exploration of methodologies
Phase 2: Development and consolidation
Phase 3: Resolution
These phases are set within a credit framework of three assessed units:
- Studio practice and Advanced studio practice, which run sequentially
- Theoretical studies, which runs throughout the course.
Studio practice involves evolving and developing a personal programme of studio work and related research. Theoretical Studies provides a framework for students to develop a critical research paper, enabling them to locate their ideas and practice in relation to contemporary debate on cultural and theoretical issues.
Throughout the course students participate in individual and group tutorials, developing their skills through Personal Professional Development workshops and on-line resources while the postgraduate talks are organised that introduce them to a range of visiting artists and practitioners.
Work experience and opportunities
The Textile Environment Design (TED) project is a unique research unit based at the College that investigates the role designers play in the field of eco design and is a resource students, researchers and designers all benefit from and contribute to. Recent students have used TED's extensive library of contacts to establish a unique and sustainable craft design project based in Thailand.
MA Textile Design
page on the University of the Arts London website for more details!
Enquire About This Course
Recipient: University of the Arts London
Insert previous message below for editing?
You haven’t included a message. Providing a specific message means universities will take your enquiry more seriously and helps them provide the information you need. Why not add a message here