The MA Healthcare Practice is the programme for you if you have a postgraduate diploma, or 120 credits at level 7 and would like to convert this to a Masters.
This is a top up degree comprising of two modules, which will give you confidence in appraising and designing research, and support you in carrying out research relevant to your working life. Studying this programme will make you more marketable to employers who are increasingly looking for people competent in research skills, and able to deliver evidence based practice.
You will be able to build on existing postgraduate skills and knowledge and increase your confidence in research and appraisal of literature. You will have the opportunity to further develop your leadership skills, your academic rigour and your ability to link research to practice. Students will be supported to synthesise and critically appraise healthcare research and carry out an independent research-based study through devising and presenting a proposal for a change project.
The aims of the programme are:
- To enable students to apply their acquired post-graduate skills to the further study of their field of healthcare practice
- To encourage scholarship and autonomy by building independent thinkers who understand the link between their academic discipline in the classroom and the post-study world
- To nurture creativity and enterprise by developing effective communicators who are technologically confident and competent when encountering unfamiliar situations
- To further develop students' knowledge and expertise of different research methods, awareness of ethical issues and their application to research in healthcare
- To further enhance students' ability to work independently and extend their ability to carry out an independent research based study through writing a proposal for change project
With over 20 years’ experience as a trusted provider of health and social care training and education, we are committed to providing our students with the knowledge and skills to become valued members of the community and to the continuing professional development of qualified professionals.
We are at the forefront of research and innovation in the field of health and social care and our teaching staff have both practical know-how and academic expertise.
Fees and finance
Your time at university should be enjoyable and rewarding, and it is important that it is not spoilt by unnecessary financial worries. We recommend that you spend time planning your finances, both before coming to university and while you are here. We can offer advice on living costs and budgeting, as well as on awards, allowances and loans.
You will be assessed through a 10,000 word dissertation taking the form of an extended critical review, an independent audit, or a workbased project, and an initial creation of a presentation critically analysing the proposal for your dissertation project.
On completion of this programme you will have furthered your ability to synthesise reflective skills and critical enquiry. This will support you in management and leadership positions as well as any research focused role in practice. It will also support your professional development towards an academic career.