Home/EU: £9,600. International: £20,220. Home/EU alumni receive a £1,000 discount.
MA Fine Art at Chelsea College of Arts is one of the longest running postgraduate fine art courses in the country, delivering a programme that covers the entire spectrum of what fine art is and can be.
What students can expect from the course:
- Teaching delivered through a programme of regular one-to-one tutorials, seminars and lectures, featuring a wide array of artists and practitioners
- Integrated practice and theory elements, which help students understand the contexts and conditions that shape and frame contemporary art practice
- To produce a high level of independent work, underpinned by the course’s challenging theoretical curriculum and instruction in approaches to research methodology
- To re-evaluate and contextualise their work in relation to contemporary fine art practice
- To generate discourse with their fellow students re-evaluate their practice with each other
Phase 1: Analysis of practice and exploration of methodologies
Phase 2: Development and consolidation
Phase 3: Resolution
These phases are set within a credit framework of three assessed units:
- Studio practice and Advanced studio practice, which run sequentially.
- Theoretical studies, which runs throughout the course.
Studio practice involves evolving and developing a personal programme of studio work and related research. Theoretical Studies provides a framework for students to develop a critical research paper, enabling them to locate their ideas and practice in relation to contemporary debate on cultural and theoretical issues.
Throughout the course students participate in individual and group tutorials, developing their skills through Personal Professional Development workshops and on-line resources while the postgraduate talks are organised that introduce them to a range of visiting artists and practitioners.
Work experience and opportunities
Students are also supported by a strong postgraduate community and we provide opportunities to network with artists, curators, gallerists and other practitioners through organised events, degree shows, the Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon Graduate School as well as the college’s own Chelsea Space.
MA Fine Art
page on the University of the Arts London website for more details!
Enquire About This Course
Recipient: University of the Arts London
Insert previous message below for editing?
You haven’t included a message. Providing a specific message means universities will take your enquiry more seriously and helps them provide the information you need. Why not add a message here