See our web site for more information (click on "Finance") website
02 August 2017
The MA Education is designed to enhance your professional practice and help you make improvements which will make a positive difference either within the classroom or your particular work environment.
Highly flexible, it caters for educators with a diverse range of experience, development needs, and study requirements. It is suitable for teachers, those in leadership or policy-making roles, and other practitioners working in education or related settings.
Technology, Creativity and Thinking
Digital technology offers teachers new opportunities to help students learn and work together more effectively. Investigate how the teaching and learning needs to adapt to meet the needs of future learners. Explore new digital technologies and current approaches to teach creativity and thinking skills. This programme can be studied on campus or via distance learning.
The syllabus may include:
* Context and issues – emergence of digital technologies and new demands on learners and their implications for education: the changing role of the teacher
* Technology – how specific tools such as twitter, wikis, social media, blogs, multi- touch technology and gaming can support learning. Practical projects and peer review.
* Challenges – how to manage the dilemmas posed by new demands on learners due to a shift towards a global knowledge society
* Thinking skills – Learn to support the teaching of thinking skills; encourage creativity and group learning
* Future implications – providing teachers with the skills to anticipate and take advantage of the new technologies; how to adapt in the fast changing world of education