See our web site for more information (click on "Finance") website
02 August 2017
The MA Education is designed to enhance your professional practice and help you make improvements which will make a positive difference either within the classroom or your particular work environment.
Highly flexible, it caters for educators with a diverse range of experience, development needs, and study requirements. It is suitable for teachers, those in leadership or policy-making roles, and other practitioners working in education or related settings.
Students with good scientific knowledge and related skills such as problem-solving, are not only equipped to better understand the world around them but also to excel in the jobs market. So why is it so difficult to get some students engaged? This specialism will help you develop strategies to get learners excited by science, and to improve your teaching techniques to get better results in the classroom.
The syllabus may include:
* Diversity – explaining how factors such as gender, ethnicity, disability, culture and social background influence students’ interest in science. Designing lessons which account for diversity and get everyone engaged
* Student involvement – giving students a voice in the way they are taught to get them interested and motivated to learn about science
* Overcoming challenges – applying current learning theories to overcome particular challenges in teaching science - such as practical work, numeracy and literacy - to help learners achieve
* Subject knowledge – expanding your knowledge of science teaching including the latest innovations and best practice
* Lesson planning – learn how to plan and sequence your science lessons to achieve maximum impact