This course offers you the opportunity to combine hands-on experience of film making to a professional standard with sound theoretical underpinnings.
You will study with world-class practitioners and academic experts and your final project will challenge you to make a film, which can be a fiction, a documentary piece of work, or a hybrid – or research and produce a dissertation.
During your studies you will meet leading filmmakers, film editors and industry executives and you should acquire all the transferable skills and specialist knowledge to do well in your chosen career.
Visit the website: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/courses/postgraduate/next-year/creative-digital-film-production
• Study with a dynamic and experienced team of acclaimed film-makers and published scholars on a course blending practice and theory
• Explore a range of areas including: cross-media approaches to story-telling, scriptwriting, production planning and development, digital film production, editing and post-production techniques, film history and theory
• Develop your industry network and future employment potential through meeting leading filmmakers, industry executives and academic experts
• Gain experience of making film to a professional standard, from scripting through to post-production and develop specialist knowledge of specific areas of the media - of particular value if you want to develop a career as an independent film maker or work in the television and film industries
• Benefit from a degree equipping you with a range of important transferable skills relevant to work in broadcasting, journalism, arts or media administration, governmental regulation of the media, research, marketing, sales and advertising or enable you to continue to MPhil and PhD research degrees.
• Practical Production Techniques
• Insights and Interviews
• Film Analysis
• Practical Post-Production and Digital Effects
• Script to Screen
• Truth and Telling
• Project Development
• Digital Film Project
The assessment philosophy of the MA in Creative Digital Film Production begins with understanding your individual starting position. Work will be diagnostic (often at the outset, as with proficiency in academic practice and writing), formative, summative and evaluative.
The procedures used for the assessment of your achievements will correspond with the knowledge, abilities and skills developed through your degree programme.
You will be encouraged to identify your strengths, interests and development needs in relation to the practices and conventions of both the media industry and of scholarship and research. You will also be encouraged to seek out active engagement with industry, which might lead to either freelance jobs or employment.
For information on available funding, please follow the link: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/money/scholarships/pg
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please follow the link: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/course/applicationform