As a graduate from an art and design discipline, you will find this course balancing the practical – exploring and developing your own art and design work – with a strong culture of research.
You will develop essential career management skills, such as self-managing your learning and development, together with specialist skills chosen from: advertising design, graphic design, illustration, interior design or interior architecture, fine art, photography and video art, fashion, animation, motion graphics and interactive design.
Intermediate qualifications available:
• Postgraduate certificate – 60 credits at Masters level
• Postgraduate diploma – 120 credits at Masters level
Visit the website: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/courses/postgraduate/next-year/art-and-design
• Study with staff who are established tutors and practitioners in your chosen field and who place emphasis on your personal creative development
• Explore a range of art and design disciplines as you develop both research and practical skills to help you work directly in contemporary arts or access careers such as art administration/promotion, community arts projects or further study on an MPhil or PhD
• Develop both self-reliance and career management skills as you produce creative and realistic solutions to complex problems and build on your professional attitude to creative practice and enterprise
• Gain a deep understanding of the artistic, critical and cultural contexts associated with Art and Design to enable you to better understand the value of your work
• Benefit from access to a lively, creative studio space and excellent facilities including printmaking, technical and digital media such as image processing software, moving image software, high definition video equipment and high quality photo equipment, screen-printing and materials workshops.
• Historical Contexts: Art and Design
• Studio and Professional Practice
• Contemporary Issues: Art and Design
• Studio Practice and Research
• MA Art and Design Major Project
A range of appropriate assessments will enable you to grow in confidence and demonstrate your skills and knowledge.
Since self-directed practical projects are at the heart of learning activities they will logically be the subject of assessment. Formative and summative assessments of practical assignments are seen as an important method of ensuring your understanding, developing relevant cognitive and practical skills and of ensuring personal creative development and progress.
Employability skills are integrated into the course and provide you with an awareness of the real-world context of the creative industries in general and Art and Design professions in particular. You will be helped to develop a strategy for obtaining appropriate employment at the end of your course.
Professional practice will be emphasised as part of all learning units.
For information on available funding, please follow the link: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/money/scholarships/pg
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please follow the link: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/course/applicationform