Luxury Brand Management Innovation focuses on managing the relationship between luxury brands, high value services and consumer behaviour. To understand these complex relationships, you will gather and analyse customer and market data, to understand who the customers are, why they buy, and appreciate the value of brands and brand strategy.
Luxury Brand Management equip you to analyse new, sub-brands and established brands; and at a more strategic level, analyse issues around brand loyalty, equity and value.
Luxury Brand Management requires sensitivity to customer perceptions of established aesthetics and the potential for higher levels of engagement/participation and affinity-enabling services.
The course will take you through the various stages needed to turn a luxury brand into a ‘lived’ experience providing insightful thinking and practical strategies into what makes a luxury brand ‘high value’ in terms of meaningful interactions and diversified services with customers/markets.
Study units Stage One: developing a knowledge base and new reference points - introduces you to a range of theories and practices in the strategic use of design and innovation, with a particular focus on the method of design thinking and how it relates to luxury brand management.
- Unit 1: Cultural and Contextual Design Studies - Unit 2: Practical Application of Design Thinking in Luxury Brand Management - Unit 3: Managing Design in a Global Society and Economy
Stage Two: putting new learning into a professional context – develops the practical application of design thinking with a focus on innovation and industry oriented professional practice.
- Unit 4: Professional Practice in Management and Consulting - Unit 5: Strategic Design and Innovation - Unit 6: Studio Practice
Stage Three: evaluating and advancing existing knowledge
- Unit 7: Major Project.
Course aims: - To enable the development of high value services and luxury brands. - To develop an understanding of personalised multi-platform experiences and interactions which can add value to, and build a brand on a global scale.
Programme Aims for the Master of Design The Master of Design programme aims to provide the opportunity for you to develop creative thinking and innovative strategies through an advanced understanding of the practical application of design thinking and design strategy to management and organisational leadership, in order to equip you with the knowledge and skills to apply your learning in a global context. In particular, this programme aims:
- To equip you with an advanced knowledge and understanding of the contextual background to, and developments in design thinking and to reflect on that learning in order to advance your own practice and subject area and to innovate.
- To develop effective managers and leaders with effective design management skills who through creativity and global awareness are able to influence and create positive change in their organisations whether at an operational or a strategic level.
- To equip you with independent study skills that support research, practice and professional development and allow you to continue developing as life-long learners throughout their professional lives maintaining contact with emerging practice from a variety of fields.
- To provide a stimulating environment, which is supportive, flexible and collaborative and allows you to develop your potential.
- To develop a high level of professionalism and confidence to initiate and lead complex design projects involving diverse disciplines and business functions.
Enquire About This Course
Tick this if you’d like to know more about fees for this course or university– including information for part-time, distance-learning or international students. Why not use the message box below to tell the university which specific fees you’d like to know more about or to ask about funding opportunities?
Tick this if you have questions about getting admitted to courses at this university, including queries about eligible undergraduate degree subjects or academic entry tests.
Why not use the message box below to tell the university about your existing qualifications and experience?
Tick this is you have questions about studying in a foreign language at this university.
Why not use the message box below to tell the university about your language proficiency or ask if it accepts specific test scores?
Tick this if you’d like to know more about the application process at this university, including the material you will need to provide and the deadline for submissions.
Why not use the message box below to ask more specific questions, such as requirements for international students?
Tick this if you have a more specific enquiry, or if you would just like more general information (such as a prospectus). Use the message box below to let the university know how it can help you.
Including a specific message makes it easier for universities to help you with your enquiry and application. You can ask about information for international applicants, scholarships, student accommodation or anything else you’d like to know about the course.
* required field
Please correct the errors indicated below to send your enquiry