Gain an LLM with a specialisation in International Business Law
by distance learning
The LLM (Master of Laws) is an internationally recognised postgraduate law degree comparable to an MBA in business and management.
International Business Law specialism
You can choose to specialise in International Business Law, which is one of the most in-demand specialisations within the Postgraduate Laws programme.
There has been an unprecedented growth in the globalisation of trade and today almost all businesses operate internationally. The demand for professionals with a firm academic background in international business law continues to grow. This LLM with a Specialisation in International Business Law will prepare you for the challenges of advising an international company on issues such as investment on an international level, international business transactions, regulation of international trade and management of intellectual property globally.
There are no specific courses that you have to take, you can choose from almost 40 options.
Our students value the many benefits of online distance learning
- A study method designed for highly motivated busy professionals so you can study when and where is convenient to you, without any requirement to attend classes, submit course work or undertake dissertations.
- Becoming part of a global online community of other professionals in your field.
- Options to study over 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 years.
- Gaining a world-class qualification from the internationally-renowned University of London while maintaining your professional and personal commitments.
Developed by academics
The LLM from the University of London International Programmes
has been developed by academics within Queen Mary and UCL Law departments, both of which have outstanding reputations.
Over 150 years’ experience in providing distance learning programmes
“I chose the programme for its flexibility. At the same time as indulging my interest in criminal law, I could pursue my interest in human rights, for example. The quality of the programme is exceptional. I knew from the offset that it was going to be good; I didn't realise how good it was going to be.”
How you study
The University provides substantial study materials (print and web-based) to improve and aid your study experience. The programme is self-taught and you can study when you choose. Study materials include:
- A comprehensive Skills Guide.
- Textbook(s) provided for each Course and Readers for most modules to direct your reading.
- Study guides especially written and edited for distance learning purposes, usually by the author of the textbook which will be provided. These offer clear learning outcomes, key skills and self-assessment questions throughout. Sample chapters from study guides are available.
- Postgraduate Laws Student Handbook containing information about libraries and bookshops and websites.
- Regulations containing important information, such as details of the courses and specialisations available, syllabuses and assessment.
You also have access to an online student portal containing:
- Extensive online library resources.
- More than 10 legal databases including Lexis/Nexis® and Westlaw®.
- Dedicated discussion forums for each module - you'll encounter all kinds of people with perspectives from many different areas of the globe, including the legal professions, discover new ways of studying and no doubt make new friends.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated Student Advice Centre: http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/contact-us