* High quality postgraduate legal education at an elite UK top 10 university
* Personal tutor support and close contact with academic staff who are leaders in their fields
* Innovative, rigorous and flexible LLM programme which allows students to specialise in important areas of law
* Small seminar and teaching groups enabling you to fulfil your potential
* Opportunities to visit EU institutions, the United Nations and International Criminal Court
* Excellent career prospects
Studying an LLM Master of Laws offers unrivalled academic stimulation, the opportunity to deepen your understanding of the law and specialise your knowledge in a particular area, and improved career prospects at the highest level whether that be in practice or academia.
The Exeter LLM is a substantive, rigorous, and genuinely flexible programme of postgraduate study designed for the most ambitious and capable students. Delivered by some of the biggest names in legal research, our LLM allows you to create a bespoke programme of learning addressing your specific academic and professional needs, readying you to fulfil your career ambitions or for doctoral study.
International Human Rights Law
This specialism has been specifically developed to allow you to construct a programme appropriate to private practice or public employment in the field of international human rights law.
An important element of the programme is a study trip to Geneva to gain first-hand experience of the work of the United Nations. During the trip you will have the opportunity to attend committee sessions, joining the delegation, NGOs and committee members in the committee chambers.
You may also be able to meet with some committee members for a private briefing on their work. The tour enables you to experience the practical side of human rights law, see the work of the Secretariat, and learn about opportunities to work or to serve an internship with the UN in human rights.
Students wishing to specialise in an area of law by following one of our dedicated pathways will also benefit from having that pathway named on your degree certificate, highlighting the specialist knowledge and experience you have in this field.
Further information on this specialism can be found on our website: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/law/masteroflaws/humanrights