Visit our website for more information on fees, scholarships, postgraduate loans and other funding options to study Life Science and Healthcare Enterprise at Swansea University - 'Welsh University of the Year 2017' (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017).
The Masters of Research in Life Science and Healthcare Enterprise is a taught research programme portfolio designed to give Health Professionals, Life Scientists, Biomedical Scientists, Medics and Academics the opportunity to conduct masters-level research in a supported environment, with relevant training and application to Life Science-related expert witnesses from Industry and Academia through the provision of a series of master-classes.
Key Features of MRes in Life Science and Healthcare Enterprise
We combine a multidisciplinary approach of industrial collaboration and integrated and innovative teaching that promises to bring significant advances in the development of leaders of research and innovation in the Life Science sector:
- The opportunity to specialise in to five different areas of Medical Manufacturing, Medical Technology and Pharmaceutical and -Regenerative Medicine with supervision by experienced academics, leading researchers in the field and experts at the forefront of the life sciences industry
- Develop research skills by working with an interdisciplinary research team
- Comprehend, design and implement business models across life science enterprise and innovation
- Engage with clinicians through new and established links with local hospitals and NHS Health Boards.
Each programme within the Life Science and Healthcare Enterprise portfolio consists of two Phases:
• Phase 1 (October – January): 3 taught modules (compulsory modules) totaling 60 credits, which can lead to the award of a Postgraduate Certificate in Life Science and Healthcare Enterprise
• Phase 2 (February – September): an 8 month research project. At the end of this phase, you will submit a 40,000-words thesis worth 120 credits leading to the award of the MRes in Life Science Healthcare Enterprise
The Life Science and Healthcare Enterprise programme ethos is eclectic, innovative and novel in respect to developing you to be ready for the world of business within the Life Science sector. You will be immersed in and exposed to a learning environment with an open, innovative, global multidisciplinary culture.
By the end of the Life Science and Healthcare Enterprise programme, you will be prepared to be entrepreneurs or a senior employee within large and small business, and capable of leading change to a more entrepreneurial and innovative culture.
During the taught element of this Master's programme in Life Science and Healthcare Enterprise, students are required to attend for 1 week (5 consecutive days) teaching block, followed by 1 week of independent study (i.e. no formal teaching sessions) for the generation of a white paper and ending in the Presentation, Defence and Assessment period in Week 3 for each module.
Attendance during Part Two is negotiated with the supervisor. You are also encouraged to attend the Postgraduate Taught Induction Event during the induction week and any programme associated seminars.