Course duration: Koç MIM is a full time program which can be completed in 12 months. The duration of the program is determined by the number of Business courses taken during undergraduate studies.
Master’s in International Programs are designed for people in the early stages of their careers – with little or no full-time professional experience. Koç MIM is a full-time Master’s of Science program. MIM curriculum equips students with knowledge and skills crucial to assessing and implementing decisions on a global scale. During the program, students will interact and build networks with their peers and professors. MIM Students fulfil various curriculum requirements by participating in Block Seminars, Skill Seminars and taking mandatory and elective courses. A diversified curriculum enables the MIM students to learn more about the field in which they are interested. Students are presented with a wide range of elective courses ranging from Innovation Management to International Negotiations. By undertaking Business Projects, Students are exposed to real-life business situations thereby gaining insight into management best practices and learn key practical skills required to function effectively in corporate world. Since its founding in 2009, KOÇ Master's in International Management (KOÇ MIM) has been developing a learning model based upon Koç University Graduate School of Business's strong identity and core values: Leadership, Responsibility and Vision.
KOÇ Master of Science in International Management provides students with the competencies they need for becoming successful leaders in the global business world.
The main components of the program are;
• Block Seminar: Koç University MIM students start their international management degree with a one-week, intensive seminar called Block Seminar. Block Seminars are academically and culturally intensive, and the experience is the ideal starting point into the program. The Block Seminar of the 2013/14 Academic Year was on "Innovation and Entrepreneurship".
• Skill Seminars: Thoughout the MIM year, students are offered seminars which aim to train its participants on specific practical skills. They are essential to start in an effective professional career and fundamental to adjusting easily to an international management environment. A few seminar topics from previous years include, "Doing Business in China", "Six Sigma and Applications", "Diversity Management", "Digital Marketing" etc.
• Business Projects: Business Projects are at the heart of MIM Program's goal of linking theory and practice. Each spring term, MIM students are offered a number of real-life projects where they get to spend at least 1 day at a company and work on an actual project. This provides an invaluable opportuinty as students are exposed to real-life business situations thereby gaining insight into management best practices and learn key practical skills required to function effectively in corporate world. Business Project offering companies include, PERA, Sportone, PriceWaterhouse Coopers, Arçelik, Yapı Kredi, Google, Vodafone etc.
• Business Academy: Business Academy aims to foster a dialogue between the Leaders of Today with the Leaders of Tomorrow. This includes visits to the CEOs, CFOs and other Executive Level leaders of various companies, such as Henkel, ABB, Akbank, Nestlé and etc.
• To have a Bachelor's degree from a recognized university;
• TOEFL or IELTS score (min. score 600/100/250 or IELTS 7.00) - If you are a graduate of Koç University or a University that is accredited by EQUIS/AACSB you are exempt from TOEFL/IELTS and expected to fill the University Degree Section*
• GMAT or GRE scores are essential components of the admission evaluation process and applicants are required to get their results before submitting their applications. Candidates can apply with the preliminary results and provide the Office with their original documents later on. The scores should be sent to institution number 0163;
• To complete the application form as specified;
• To submit an official academic transcript from the undergraduate institution;
• To submit at least two reference letters**;
• To submit the application fee payment slip;
* You should request ETS to send your official TOEFL and GMAT scores, if available, to KOÇ University. Institution Number: 0163 ** Reference letters which will be submitted directly by your referees.