This programme provides comprehensive training in the skills needed to enter the journalism profession internationally and is accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists for print, online and broadcast journalism. It is also part of the Northern Ireland Media Academy.
- Accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ).
- Work placement available
Visit the website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/course/ma-journalism-ft-ce
Past students have won top awards in Ireland and the UK and hold senior positions in news organisations. The course incorporates the NCTJ Diploma, which equips trainee journalists with the knowledge and skills for professional entry level journalism.
- Teaching and learning assessment -
The course contains a considerable practice based element. Teaching and learning is delivered through live news exercises, as well as a portfolio of original work. Assessment is through practice based work, essays and examinations where appropriate
- Work placement / study abroad -
A placement of up to 6 weeks in a newsroom.
Print, online and broadcast journalism.
How to apply: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/how-to-apply#pg
1. Over 92% of our graduates are in work or further study six months after graduation.
2. We are a top UK university for providing courses with a period of work placement.
3. Our teaching and the learning experience we deliver are rated at the highest level by the Quality Assurance Agency.
4. We recruit international students from more than 100 different countries.
5. More than 4,000 students from over 50 countries have successfully completed eLearning courses at Ulster University
To help spread the cost of your studies, tuition fees can be paid back in monthly instalments while you learn. If you study for a one-year, full-time master’s, you can pay your fees up-front, in one lump sum, or in either five or ten equal monthly payments. If you study for a master’s on a part-time basis (e.g. over three years), you can pay each year’s fees up-front or in five or ten equal monthly payments each year. This flexibility allows you to spread the payment of your fees over each academic year. Find out more by visiting https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-finance/postgraduate
A comprehensive range of financial scholarships, awards and prizes are available to undergraduate, postgraduate and research students. Scholarships recognise the many ways in which our students are outstanding in their subject. Individuals may be able to apply directly or may automatically be nominated for awards. Visit the website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-finance/scholarships
English Language Tuition
CELT offers courses and consultations in English language and study skills to Ulster University
students of all subjects, levels and nationalities. Students and researchers for whom English is an additional language can access free CELT support throughout the academic year: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/international/english-language-support