Visit our website for more information on fees, scholarships, postgraduate loans and other funding options to study Investment Management at Swansea University - 'Welsh University of the Year 2017' (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017).
- An enhanced specialist programme that may be completed in a single year
- Increased teaching time in the first two semesters and a reduced final project allows students to complete the programme in July (two months earlier than at other institutions)
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014)
- 93% of Swansea students in employment six months after graduating
- Access to the School of Management investment and trading simulation room to support in-depth understanding of finance in practice
- High contact time – our modules come with a lecture (in class sizes capped at approximately 150 students) and seminar/tutorial (in class sizes capped at 30) every single week
- Fully refurbished facilities – we have invested half a million pounds in a recent refurbishment to our student facilities
- Scholarships available for outstanding students
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
The MSc in Investment Management is our flagship finance programme focused on finance and investment management.
Modules on the MSc in Investment Management may include:
International Financial Markets and Institutions
Financial Reporting and Statement Analysis
Derivatives and Risk Management
Equities & Fixed Income Securities
Corporate Governance & Ethics
International Financial Crises and Bank Regulation
Risk Management in Banking
Contemporary Issues in Finance
Advanced Corporate Finance
Financial Market Efficiency & Behavioural Finance
Economics of Banking
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates including those from the Finance programme with major multinational companies and our graduate employment rate is 92%.
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management as a student on the MSc in Investment Management programme we will work with you to help you build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects. During your time with us you’ll have the chance to:
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or ‘Week of Work’ initiative
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our visiting speaker programme
- In conjunction with the International Development Office, undertake an Internship in India, with a company such as GE, Thomson Reuters, 3M, Private Equity or Kanvic Consulting
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our biannual Employability Week
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in one of our student challenges and competitions, such as the Branding Challenge, and CIM student competition ‘The Pitch’
The School of Management at Swansea University is building on long-established foundations as one of the UK's top providers of Management, Accounting & Finance and Economic education.
The School of Management's vision is to make a difference to society and the economy locally and globally through excellence in research-led teaching that has resulted in the School being ranked 17th in the UK for research impact* and 26th in the UK for research excellence, all working towards continuing our trend of becoming one of the top business schools in Wales and the UK.
The School of Management comprises over 150 staff and more than 2000 students studying at the new £450million Bay Campus, with the School of Management building itself providing truly world-class facilities with an impressive communal Atrium, new teaching rooms, meeting room and IT equipment.
School of Management, alongside the Great Hall, also proudly offers high quality conferencing and event capacity all within half a mile of the M4 corridor, that has already attracted several high profile and key events during the short time that the Bay Campus has been open.
Through its enterprise and innovation activities of business engagement the School plans to focus on three global challenges: Health & Wellbeing, Digital Society and Sustainable Economies. The School of Management's aim is to deliver world-class education through collaboration, innovation and fresh thinking, and we pride ourselves on the outstanding student experience on offer here at the School of Management ensuring a rich learning environment, while also developing our staff in line with Swansea University's wider ambition to anchor and underpin everything we do with a core set of values.
School of Management aspires to be known globally as a centre for educational excellence, working in partnership with other Swansea University departments and organisations to create joint programmes that reflect the skillsets required by an evolving workplace.
*THE Research Excellence Framework 2014: Institutions ranked by subject
Visit the Investment Management MSc page on the Swansea University website for more details!