The International Pre-master's Programme Europe & The World Pathway is designed for international students who have graduated from university in their own country with a very good GPA. It is aimed at students who want to study at graduate level at top UK universities and who wish to improve their linguistic and academic skills.
- Focus on improving the linguistic and study skills required for successful graduate study at top UK universities.
- Support in applying and gaining entry to some of the best graduate degree programmes in the UK.
- Improved ability to use academic English appropriately and effectively at graduate level.
- Unrivalled location in the heart of London.
- Study with the English Language Centre, accredited by the British Council and the highest ranked ELC across the University of London.
The King’s International Pre-master's Programme (IPP) is a full-time preparation programme designed for international students who have graduated from university in their own country with a very good GPA. It is aimed at students who want to study at graduate level at top UK universities and who need or wish to improve their linguistic and academic skills. You must demonstrate evidence of a good intellectual standard, a high degree of motivation and a sufficiently high level of proficiency in English language before being admitted to the programme. There are September and January entry points to this programme.
- Purpose -
We know how difficult it can be to understand the UK academic environment and application system so we provide workshops in term two that introduce you to the culture and practices of the British education system. These workshops and individual tutorials will help you to identify and successfully apply for graduate degree programmes at UK universities.
The course will:
• Support you in gaining entry to some of the best graduate degree programmes in the UK; • Provide you with a range of study, English and communication skills to help you succeed in your graduate study in the UK; • Improve your understanding of and ability to use academic English appropriately and effectively at graduate level; • Introduce you to the British educational system and the traditional lecture/seminar/tutorial format; • Provide you with a specially designed course related to the academic field in which you intend to specialise.
The aim of the Europe &The World module is to provide you with an understanding of the post-war European environment, with particular reference to the creation, development and expansion of the European Union and its international role in the 21st century. You will discuss key themes in European politics, society and economy such as the relationship between the state and religion, politics and gender, and nationalism.
- Course format and assessment -
Lectures and seminars; academic English classes; assessment by coursework essays, oral presentations and unseen examinations.
Many of our students go on to postgraduate study at King’s in courses as varied as Law, International Marketing and Public Policy. Our students have also gone on to other prestigious UK universities such as Cambridge, UCL, LSE and many other Russell Group universities
King's College London boasts a long tradition of teaching English to international students dating back to the mid-1930s. The ELC was established in 1987 and reflects the importance the College places on the needs of the international student body. In our most recent British Council inspection, points of excellence in six general categories were awarded in: general management, tutor qualifications, course design, teaching, accommodation and leisure opportunities.