The MSc International Business Management offers an exciting opportunity to develop your knowledge in an area of high growth and global demand. The MSc IBM has been developed to offer you the opportunity to engage with a number of specific subjects relevant to global, national, and local business. Students who are considering starting their own company, joining a graduate training scheme with a multinational, or developing a broader understanding of international business will not only find the course highly relevant, but equally rewarding towards developing future career prospects in established and emerging global markets.
The programme delivery of the MSc IBM benefits from a number of close links with large multinational enterprises and innovative agile firms in providing a rich, exciting and challenging active learning environment. The team of Professors and Senior Academics on the course provide an extensive level of expertise in their respective disciplines from research to practitioner background. This will enrich your learning experience in a dynamic environment where you will be expected to participate at the highest level towards furnishing you with a Masters Degree for your future career.
This award is designed for those looking to enter or progress in business management roles within an international context. Students will have access to high-quality blended learning support and excellent learning facilities.
During your studies you will have the opportunity to engage in a number of activities outside of normal teaching these may include guest lectures, visits to companies or residentials. These activities are designed to enhance your knowledge, understanding as well as enjoyment of your course.
Completion of the MSc International Business Management opens a gateway to a number of managerial roles in national and international organisations, and provides the basis for further study in a range of areas such as accounting, marketing and human resources – as well as further academic study eg. topping-up to an MBA or progressing to an MPhil or PhD.
At the end of this course you, the student will be able to
1. Critically analyse the changing dynamics of the international business environment (including economic, political, legal, environmental, technological) and its impact on organisations.
2.Critically evaluate organisations their governance and management in an international context
3. Critically evaluate and apply cross-cultural management models and techniques to a range of international business contexts.
4. Critically assess and apply a range of perspectives, methodologies and techniques applicable to researching management and organisational issues within a global context.
5. Synthesise relevant critical thinking through academic research completing an independent research project/dissertation at masters level
6. Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of finance related issues for non-financial managers within organisations.
Visit the International Business Management - MSc page on the University of Wolverhampton website for more details!