Visit our website for more information on fees, scholarships, postgraduate loans and other funding options to study International Banking and Finance at Swansea University - 'Welsh University of the Year 2017' (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017).
The Master's (MSc) in International Banking and Finance is aimed at candidates who wish to acquire a solid foundation in international banking and finance which will equip them for careers in banking, trading or financial analysis.
- An enhanced specialist programme that maybe completed in a single year
- All modules on the International Banking and Finance course are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014)
- A wide range of professional accreditations to accelerate your career depending on the optional modules you take
- 93% of Swansea students in employment six months after graduating
- Access to the School of Management investment and trading simulation room to support in-depth understanding of finance in practice
- High contact time – our modules come with a lecture (in class sizes capped at approximately 150 students) and seminar/tutorial (in class sizes capped at 30) every single week
- Fully refurbished facilities – we have invested half a million pounds in a recent refurbishment to our student facilities
- Scholarships available for outstanding students
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
The International Banking and Finance course will equip graduates with an advanced understanding of the principles and techniques of international finance, development, trade and banking, a knowledge of the activities of financial markets and financial institutions in advanced and emerging economies, and an appreciation of the role of risk management in complex organisations.
Modules on the International Banking and Finance programme may include:
International Financial Markets and Institutions
Financial Reporting and Statement Analysis
International Financial Crises and Bank Regulation
Risk Management in Banking
Economics of Banking
Derivatives and Risk Management
Equities & Fixed Income Securities
Corporate Governance & Ethics
Contemporary Issues in Finance
Advanced Corporate Finance
Financial Market Efficiency & Behavioural Finance
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates including those from the International Banking and Finance programme with major multinational companies and our graduate employment rate is 92%.
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management as a student on the MSc in International Banking and Finance programme we will work with you to help you build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects. During your time with us you’ll have the chance to:
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or ‘Week of Work’ initiative
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our visiting speaker programme
- In conjunction with the International Development Office, undertake an Internship in India, with a company such as GE, Thomson Reuters, 3M, Private Equity or Kanvic Consulting
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our biannual Employability Week
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in one of our student challenges and competitions, such as the Branding Challenge, and CIM student competition ‘The Pitch’
International Banking and Finance students will be based in a state-of-the-art building and will benefit from the applied research, innovation and employment opportunities offered by this exceptional working environment on the Bay Campus.
International Banking and Finance students will have access to high-tech teaching and research spaces, that together with collaborative working and practice areas will ensue the School is able to deliver its commitment to offer an engaging and innovative student experience.
Visit the International Banking and Finance MSc page on the Swansea University website for more details!