In today’s competitive global environment, employers are increasingly selective in their search for competent accounting and finance professionals.
Our MSc in International Accounting and Finance is specially designed to develop your international accounting knowledge and skills to a high professional standard.
This one-year, full-time programme is designed to meet market needs through the preparation for, and development of, your career in international accounting and finance. It is well suited to students who have some knowledge of accounting and finance, and who wish to expand their skills and understanding to an advanced level. The programme is also suitable for students with a good academic standing from a related discipline, who wish to enhance their careers in international accounting and finance or for those interested in pursuing research or further study in this area.
This programme equips you with the professional and research skills to pursue careers in a wide range of institutional settings such as academia, auditing, banking, financial institutions, management consultancy and organisational management.
Teaching in the School is informed by the latest research and the changing needs of the global business environment. Our international teaching staff are all experts in their field of study and are regularly published in leading journals worldwide. They guide and support your learning, not only in current best practice in your chosen area of study, but also in emerging new concepts and theories, and the latest business thinking.
- Quants Workshop Kent Business School offers an optional two-week refresher workshop in Mathematics, Statistics and Excel, prior to the start of this programme. See Study support for full details.
Kent Business School (KBS)
Kent Business School has over 25 years’ experience delivering business education. Our portfolio of postgraduate programmes demonstrates the breadth and depth of our expertise. Academic research and links with global business inform our teaching, ensuring a curriculum that is relevant and current. We are ranked as a top 30 UK business school for the standard of our teaching and student satisfaction. We also hold a number of accreditations by professional bodies.
Studying at Kent Business School (KBS) gives you the opportunity to increase your employability with real-life case studies, a student council and a business society. We have strong links to local and national organisations providing opportunities for projects, internships and graduate placements. The School attracts many high-profile speakers from industry and last year included visits and lectures from staff of the Bank of England, BAE Systems, Barclays, Lloyds Insurance, Cummins, Delphi and Kent County Council.
This programme aims to:
- provide you with an advanced conceptual understanding of the key issues in international accounting and finance
- provide you with an awareness of up-to-date practices in international and domestic accounting
- provide you with knowledge of research methodologies adopted in empirical research and the ability to critically evaluate concepts and theories
- provide you with the skills to test and evaluate theoretical models
- provide preparation for and/or development of a career in accounting and finance by developing skills at a professional or equivalent level, or as preparation for research or further study in the area
- develop an appropriate range of cognitive, critical and intellectual skills, research skills and relevant personal and interpersonal skills
- provide teaching and learning opportunities that are informed by high-quality research and scholarships, from within the Kent Business School and elsewhere
- foster the enhancement of life-long learning skills and personal development so as to be able to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society generally
- develop your ability to conduct independent self-directed research.
Our finance programmes equip you with an impressive set of skills and specialist knowledge. In addition, inbuilt practical experience will help you succeed in a competitive job market.
This programme is ideal preparation for a career with investment and commercial banks, insurance companies, specialised financial institutions, trading companies and financial management roles in other industries.
Careers in finance continue to provide exceptional earning potential in the UK and globally (The very highest-paying job specialisms in the finance sector include structurer, trader, M&A and leveraged finance, 2 November 2015, CityA.M.).
Our students have an excellent record for employment. Recent graduates are now working in top companies including AXA, BNP Paribas, FactSet, HSBC, PwC, Santander, Thomson Reuters, USB Investment Bank and Zurich Financial Services.
Kent Business School is a member of the European Foundation for Management Development (EMFD), CIPD, CIM and the Association of Business Schools (ABS). In addition, KBS is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA).