Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
Login to your account
Enter your username below to login to your account.
This programme imparts the understanding and skills to develop advanced software systems to professional standards.
The programme has a flexible structure to suit graduates with a wide spectrum of degrees from those in IT to those with rather less academic computing content. The MSc covers core skills in Information Technology (IT) at MSc level while allowing students to study specialist advanced courses in topics such as animation, databases, e-commerce, games programming, intelligent robotics and network applications.
Entry requires a good honours degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics subject area. Candidates holding a little less than a good honours degree or its equivalent but with compensating qualifications or experience may be admitted to the Postgraduate Diploma programme. Transfer to the MSc will be possible later on if exam and course work are at MSc level.
Heriot-Watt University is one of the world’s leading universities with strong links to international business and industry driven by our established reputation as a top research-led institution. With a rich heritage stretching back to 1821, we are a truly global university bringing together scholars who are leaders in ideas and solutions delivering innovation, educational excellence and ground-breaking research.
- This scholarship is available only for new full time students beginning in September 2019 and cannot be deferred.
- To receive the scholarship, you must be self-funding i.e not fully sponsored by your employer, a company or in receipt of a full scholarship from another source.
- The scholarship cannot be received in combination with any other Heriot-Watt fee-abatement award such as a partnership fee discount or alumni award.
- The scholarship cannot be used in lieu of any reduction to the deposit you are required to pay as part of the admissions process (applicable to international fee status students only).
- Payment of the scholarship will be paid as a fee abatement i.e. your fees will be automatically reduced by the amount awarded. Students will not be able to receive a cash alternative.
- This scholarship is applicable for ‘new’ students only, i.e. those who have not studied with us at any of our campuses before. Students who have studied with us previously will instead be eligible for our alumni award.
£1,500 - £3,000
You must be a self-funding student and have achieved, or be on track to achieve, the minimum academic entry criteria for the programme you wish to study from a fully recognised, high ranking institution. You must be studying full-time on our UK campuses and must begin your studies in September 2019.
Eligible students will be identified as part of the academic admissions process and therefore you do not need to complete a separate application form. Successful candidates will have the award detailed on their offer letters and, where appropriate, their CAS letters for visa purposes. To secure your scholarship you simply accept your offer of a place to study with us.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these