This is a distinctive programme which seeks to enable you to develop the necessary skills, competencies and knowledge for an effective career in Human Resource Management. Completion of the course enables you to apply for professional membership of CIPD. The Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management provides you with a contemporary focus and offers a rigorous academic programme for success in the HR profession. It aims to develop you for a professional career in HR by developing knowledge and understanding of the disciplines of HR, encouraging critical reflective thinking and developing independent personal development skills. The course is aligned to the professional standards of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and upon successful completion it offers you the opportunity to apply for membership of CIPD.
The course adopts an interdisciplinary approach and will help you develop your own understandings of complex and contested notions in the business environment. You will develop informed perspectives and collective responsibilities as a practitioner within local, national and international communities.
It also enables you to develop professional skills through the use of a variety of innovative assessment methods. Additionally, you will gain understanding of managerial HR systems and their impact upon organisations and people. The course enhances a career in human resource management, at a senior level or as senior line managers to make strategic contributions to people management in organisations.
The Business School currently holds devolved status from the CIPD. This was the culmination of ten years of student performance above the national average in all areas.
The course aims to develop students at advanced level for a professional career in HR by developing knowledge and understanding of the disciplines of HR, encouraging critical reflective thinking and developing independent personal development skills. The course covers a range of topics in the field of HR including, Leadership, Resourcing, Reward, Talent Management, Employment Law, Employee Relations and Change Management, written against the national standards for the profession, and is endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Completion of the course enables students to apply for professional membership of the CIPD.
The CIPD is world renowned for developing the standards for the HR profession and for anyone wishing to pursue or further their career within the field of HR it is essential that a CIPD postgraduate qualification is obtained, giving membership to the professional body.
Most organisations who recruit HR professionals require applicants to either hold a CIPD qualification or be studying to achieve one.
International, national and local recruitment to the field of HR is growing and as such competition for employment is high. Our programme is a robust programme that has been highly commended by the CIPD for many years.
Furthermore there is an opportunity to progress onto a relevant masters for example an MA Human Resource Management.
1. Critically evaluate contemporary organisations in terms of their principal operating environments.
2. Critically analyse how resourcing, talent management and reward strategies are developed.
3. Identify and justify a business issue that is of strategic relevance to the organisation in terms of research.
4. Analyse and critically evaluate the historical and theoretical basis of organisational designs and their development in terms of their value and contribution to organisational life.
5. Critically evaluate the practice, relevance and contribution of HRM and HRD to organisational success and effective change management using major contemporary research and debates in the field of HR.
6. Understand, analyse and critically evaluate the different theories and perspectives on employment relations and employment law.
Visit the Human Resource Management - PGDip page on the University of Wolverhampton website for more details!