Human Resource Management & Organisational Analysis is for graduates and professionals seeking to develop advanced knowledge and skills in people management and/or work as human resource experts. The MSc presents a contemporary and international perspective on key developments in the management of human resources and the analysis of organisations for the 21st century.
- Close links with major national and international London-based companies providing students with unrivalled research access and job opportunities in both the public and private sector.
- Taught by one of the top groups of HRM/OB scholars in Europe with a strong commitment to excellence in both teaching and research.
- A strong evidence-based approach to teaching drawing on the very latest research in HRM and OB and emphasising both theory and practice.
For students seeking to obtain CIPD professional accreditation as part of the MSc as well as for those students not seeking to obtain CIPD qualification, the programme comprises a number of taught compulsory modules as well as a dissertation.
- Course purpose -
For graduates and professionals seeking to develop advanced knowledge and skills in people management and/or work as human resource experts. To present a contemporary and international perspective on key developments in the management of human resources and the analysis of organisations for the 21st century.
- Course format and assessment -
Two-hour written examinations for all main modules; dissertation; workshops; company link scheme, assessed by a management report.
- Approaches To The Analysis & Management Of Organisations - High Performance & Employee Well-Being - Managing Diversity: Contemporary Issues - Research Methods In Human Resource Management & Organisational Analysis - The Business & Financial Context Of Management - The Management Of Human Resources: Conceptual And Strategic Perspectives - The New Employment Relations - The New Workforce: Issues And Challenges
Programme graduates go on to more advanced study in the field of HRM and OA and/or to work as human resource experts in public and private sector organisations in the UK and abroad.
To study for a postgraduate degree at King’s College London is to study at the city’s most central university and at one of the top 20 universities worldwide (2015/16 QS World Rankings). Graduates will benefit from close connections with the UK’s professional, political, legal, commercial, scientific and cultural life, while the excellent reputation of our MA and MRes programmes ensures our postgraduate alumni are highly sought after by some of the world’s most prestigious employers. We provide graduates with skills that are highly valued in business, government, academia and the professions.