• Has provided a high quality teaching qualification for healthcare practitioners for over 15 years.
• Is currently an approved course leading to a recordable teaching qualification on the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) register for UK Registrants.
• Currently offers graduates eligibility to apply for Fellowship status with the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
• Provides the opportunity for healthcare professionals to enhance their practice in relation to contemporary issues and developments in health professional education.
• Is delivered and supported by experienced academic staff in the field.
• Provides you with opportunity to network with professionals from different disciplines and share best practice.
The course is designed for health professionals wishing to pursue a career in teaching within professional practice and/or education settings. This has an interdisciplinary context which provides the opportunity for you to develop your knowledge and abilities related to learning, teaching and assessment with a range of health professionals. There is also a focus on research and critical appraisal and opportunities for you to develop specialist clinical or educational skills.